+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ordered GCMS notes and need some help!

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
The notes reads as follows:
Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be reasonable expense.

The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Weighing the factors in the application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Some of my personal information:
Program applied: 2-yr Diploma in CS-related fields
Education: Bachelor of Education
IELTS: L:9 R:8.5 S:7 W:6.5

funding:
1. 18000CAD paid for the tuition by me and my partner;
2. 12000CAD in cash in my account
3. 80000CAD Sponsored by my mother (transferred to my account in Dec, 2020)

PS:We own an apartment in our home country and do not have any relatives in Canada.

Would like some of your thoughts and advice, thank you!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No surprise here that your application was refused:-

1. You've got a B.Ed and going for a diploma in another field, hence VO is questioning the relevance of your program choice. Have you been working in the Computer/IT industry? If so, for how long.

2. Your mum transferred 80K CAD to you in December, clearly it was just to boost your account, not that she is honestly gifting you that large sum out of the blues.

VO gave you the clear reason why you were refused - your study plan wasn't justified in thier eyes and your source of sudden fund is questionable.

Did you apply with your spouse?

Reactions: lamnt0702

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
No surprise here that your application was refused:-

1. You've got a B.Ed and going for a diploma in another field, hence VO is questioning the relevance of your program choice. Have you been working in the Computer/IT industry? If so, for how long.

2. Your mum transferred 80K CAD to you in December, clearly it was just to boost your account, not that she is honestly gifting you that large sum out of the blues.

VO gave you the clear reason why you were refused - your study plan wasn't justified in thier eyes and your source of sudden fund is questionable.

Did you apply with your spouse?
No , on my own