+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Order CBSA reports can cause delay citizenship application

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
When not to ask for a Travel History Report
When you request your Travel History Report directly from the CBSA it can take up to 30 days to complete. There are many reasons you may require your report, but sometimes requesting it directly is not the best option. When your travel history is needed as part of an application, such as the application for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself. When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

My question if i order CBSA repost will it delay my citizenship application process

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Note (and I thought this was asked and answered already in another topic): as long as the applicant gives IRCC consent to access the applicant's CBSA travel history, the fact the applicant has also, otherwise, applied for and obtained a copy of the CBSA history SHOULD HAVE NO NEGATIVE IMPACT on the citizenship application.

The government's online information relative to this tends to confuse more than it illuminates, in large part because the government is bogged down by scores and scores of unnecessary requests and it wants to discourage this. BUT some individuals have good reason to make such requests and they should not let the online information dissuade them.

That said, I agree with discouraging unnecessary requests . . . be that for the CBSA records (which are a very poor substitute for keeping accurate records for oneself) or an ATIP application for a copy of citizenship application records, regarding which there is way, way, way too much of this, so much so as to be an abuse of the system, a disservice to taxpayers generally, and utterly contrary to acting like a citizen.

Reactions: smallpotato

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Note (and I thought this was asked and answered already in another topic): as long as the applicant gives IRCC consent to access the applicant's CBSA travel history, the fact the applicant has also, otherwise, applied for and obtained a copy of the CBSA history SHOULD HAVE NO NEGATIVE IMPACT on the citizenship application.

The government's online information relative to this tends to confuse more than it illuminates, in large part because the government is bogged down by scores and scores of unnecessary requests and it wants to discourage this. BUT some individuals have good reason to make such requests and they should not let the online information dissuade them.

That said, I agree with discouraging unnecessary requests . . . be that for the CBSA records (which are a very poor substitute for keeping accurate records for oneself) or an ATIP application for a copy of citizenship application records, regarding which there is way, way, way too much of this, so much so as to be an abuse of the system, a disservice to taxpayers generally, and utterly contrary to acting like a citizen.

thanks for your reply
do you advise me email them to close my request
or just leave it
i didn't realized it makes delay my application

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
thanks for your reply
do you advise me email them to close my request
or just leave it
i didn't realized it makes delay my application
I do not offer personal advice. I do not and would not trust anyone here who does. (Sure, I can be all too sloppy in the way I phrase things, and it sometimes looks like personal advice, but I try to avoid doing this, for lots of reasons.)

But again, as long as the applicant gives IRCC consent to access the CBSA history, there should be no delays due to the individual otherwise, separately, applying for or obtaining the CBSA travel history himself or herself.

On the other hand, if the applicant does NOT give IRCC consent (in the current application this is item 14.b) that WILL QUITE LIKELY DELAY PROCESSING even if the applicant never applies for or obtains his or her own copy of the CBSA history.

jjjack

Apr 3, 2018
No one stamp anything in my passport when I enter Canada.

What should I do if CBSA does not have my entry record?

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Folks, I took the test at Scarborough yesterday, April 16th - drove in the worst possible weather from Mississauga for the test at 11.45 am. The test itself was super easy and I got 20/20 but the citizenship officer was certainly one of the toughest and least prepared to deal with the peculiarity of my application (or 2nd time application for grant of citizenship).

She handed out the Residency Questionnaire requesting a host of documents from record of employment, OHIP record, tax returns, home lease/purchase agreements, bank statements, & child's school attendance records. CIC had misplaced my residency calculation & I had thankfully a spare copy of the same with me available to handout to the officer that led her to strike off the request to provide the same once again.

Given my extensive travel history due to work, the officer seemed challenged with going through over 9 pages of my residency calculator in reference with CBSA ICES record, FOIA based US Entry Exist Record & my Pages of my passport that carry all the stamps.

It seems the officer didn't have the competency to go through all the details of my applications within the time perhaps allocated to my interview. It may be fair to assume that even after I respond with all the items requested my file will land with a Citizenship Judge.

While, I wanted to provide the above experience for all those that may have a rather complicated application, my main objective is to find those applicants that have been waiting to see a Citizenship Judge.

How long to get to a Citizenship Judge?

Thanks & regards,

Mohit