+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA records delay processing?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
hi

I have asked my travel history from CBSA because I needed to make sure there were no gaps. But I remember reading somewhere in the application advising not to contact CBSA to request travel history.

Is this going to delay the processing of my application? If so , does anyone know why?

Thanks!

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Anyone?

I found this and I still don’t understand it

When not to ask for a Travel History Report
When you request your Travel History Report directly from the CBSA it can take up to 30 days to complete. There are many reasons you may require your report, but sometimes requesting it directly is not the best option. When your travel history is needed as part of an application, such as the application for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself. When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

Applying for Canadian Citizenship
If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 4, Question 14 (b) of your application form permits Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to collect the report on your behalf.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process."

It's not clear whether this refers to citizenship application, or the travel history report application.

Reactions: nataliafrance

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
" When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process."

It's not clear whether this refers to citizenship application, or the travel history report application.
Thanks for chime in!
I will wait and see , but if it delays the citizenship application, this would be illogical and unfair. They should not penalize anyone trying for trying their best to gather the correct information.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
I had requested mine a couple of years before I applied...and again 6 months before I applied to cover the gap. Also requested my usa crossings too (all before I read on the app not to get them) Guess we will see if it was an issue. No way I would have been able to complete all 5 years without them.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
I had requested mine a couple of years before I applied...and again 6 months before I applied to cover the gap. Also requested my usa crossings too (all before I read on the app not to get them) Guess we will see if it was an issue. No way I would have been able to complete all 5 years without them.
We will monitor our timelines!! I honestly find the wording really concerning, because they specifically say not to request our travel records from CBSA..But they do not explain why

ashwin007

May 27, 2009
This is not an issue. They ask us not to apply because it takes about 30 days and CIC will contact them directly again for the same information. In past I know all my friends, who are now Canadian citizens, had applied for the information and it did not delay their citizenship application.

Reactions: simpsol22