+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options to reunite with girlfriend in Canada as PR is stuck for more than a year.

Apr 3, 2021
Background: I have applied for PR on 4th Dec 2019 through express entry from India and I am waiting since then for my PR. According to GCMS notes my applications eligibility checks were completed on 6th July 2020 and since then there has been no progress in the application.

Problem: My long time girlfriend had moved to Canada on a PR on Feb 2020 and i was supposed to move in there later in the coming months, but due to the pandemic my application has been stuck. As of now I can see that there is an option for me to travel to Canada from India as I am exempted from the travel restrictions since my girlfriend is a PR of Canada. But I cannot move there since my PR is not getting approved and I cannot live there without a job since we cannot afford to stay in Canada.

Questions:
1> Given my situation that I am exempted from travel restrictions and want to re-unite with my girlfriend after more than a year, is there a possibility to expedite my PR application?
2> Can I visit the country through a visitor visa and get a work permit there? If this is a possibility what would be the timeline for it and would it be any better for rather than waiting for a PR?
3> Is there any other option I can re unite with her and somehow get permission to work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. You are not exempted as you are not married or unless you can prove common law. There is no expedition of PR apps.
2. Do you have a visitor visa. If you do, then you need written authorization to travel.No you are not eligible for a work permit until you have PR.
3. You can’t work.