+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPTION C PRINTOUT???

Phe

May 11, 2010
Hi all

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and is sponsoring me for PR status.
We both currently reside in New Zealand. Anyway, we are in the process of looking at the FINANCIAL EVALUATION form which he has to fill in. A bit confused what the OPTION C PRINTOUT is?

My husband, although a Canadian Citizen, his parents left the country with him when he was only 3 months, so he has never worked/lived in Canada before. He starts a new job there on the 8th Nov.

From what ive read the OPTION C PRINTOUT is only relevant if you have paid tax in Canada?? Can someone please advise...im a bit confused as to what it is.

Thanks very much

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
As far as I know you might still be a able to get a option c with income showing as zero just email or call revenue canada and see what they say http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/menu-eng.html

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
Not sure whether he filed his taxes or not last year here in Canada would make a difference =|

you can also call 1 800 959 8281 for more info.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Phe said:
Hi all

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and is sponsoring me for PR status.
We both currently reside in New Zealand. Anyway, we are in the process of looking at the FINANCIAL EVALUATION form which he has to fill in. A bit confused what the OPTION C PRINTOUT is?

My husband, although a Canadian Citizen, his parents left the country with him when he was only 3 months, so he has never worked/lived in Canada before. He starts a new job there on the 8th Nov.

From what ive read the OPTION C PRINTOUT is only relevant if you have paid tax in Canada?? Can someone please advise...im a bit confused as to what it is.

Thanks very much
Hi Phe!

Try to provide the Option C Printout. Besides that, include photocopies of taxes paid in New Zealand by your husband. You just want to show that your husband is a good citizen who pays taxes and has never gone in any type of social assistance (welfare). Attach a note explaining your husband never worked in Canada.
Also, make sure that you include details/photocopies of your husband's Canadian employment offer. You will really need this to prove he is really willing to resettle in Canada.

B

buddhadimple

They can't call a 1-800 number from outside of North America.

But they can be reached at a local number:

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

I didn't provide an Option C Printout and got approved as a sponsor. I just sent in the last 12+ months of my payslips and the letter from my employer stating my employment terms.

Canuky

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
If he left Canada at age 3 months, then he probably won't have a SIN number, so how would calling CRA help? CRA agent will need your name, date of birth and SIN number to be able to access your file. If you are not a residence of Canada, then the financial form is not applicable to you in my own opinion. Using an NZ pay slip is irrelavant because it does not prove that your spouse will not result to social assistance when they get here.

B

buddhadimple

Canuky said:
If he left Canada at age 3 months, then he probably won't have a SIN number, so how would calling CRA help? CRA agent will need your name, date of birth and SIN number to be able to access your file. If you are not a residence of Canada, then the financial form is not applicable to you in my own opinion. Using an NZ pay slip is irrelavant because it does not prove that your spouse will not result to social assistance when they get here.
Well I used UK payslips...

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,,

today my wife got "option C" form from Canada Revenue Agency

she called them and got "option c" .....she asked them what is "option C"

they said it's about you tax until that day you ask for this form

i hope you get the answer

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
First if you are applying for immigration on spousal based. Then he doesn't have to fill Financial Evaluation form. For Spousal based application, you dont need that.

If you cannot provide OPTION C print out, You need to provide explanation why you can't. Also you have to have an explanation that once you will get your permanent residency. Both of you will live in Canada. You guys may have hard time in here since he left when he was three months old.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adzees said:
First if you are applying for immigration on spousal based. Then he doesn't have to fill Financial Evaluation form. For Spousal based application, you dont need that.

If you cannot provide OPTION C print out, You need to provide explanation why you can't. Also you have to have an explanation that once you will get your permanent residency. Both of you will live in Canada. You guys may have hard time in here since he left when he was three months old.
The OP won't be able to get an Option C has he has never filed taxes in Canada.