+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Option C printout" - Please advise ?!?

Starkie

Apr 24, 2009
Hi all

I am sponsoring my spouse to Canada. I am a PR, currently living in UK and just moving to Canada in the middle of May. In the checklist of supporting documents, I noticed they have asked for Option C printout from the the sponsor. Now I don't have it as I havent paid any taxes in Canada. I have just finished my job in UK and moving to Canada where I will be sponsoring my spouse by next month . Can you please provide me some help on whether I need Option C or not and if I need then how to obtain it?
Your help will be really appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Starkie said:
Hi all

I am sponsoring my spouse to Canada. I am a PR, currently living in UK and just moving to Canada in the middle of May. In the checklist of supporting documents, I noticed they have asked for Option C printout from the the sponsor. Now I don't have it as I havent paid any taxes in Canada. I have just finished my job in UK and moving to Canada where I will be sponsoring my spouse by next month . Can you please provide me some help on whether I need Option C or not and if I need then how to obtain it?
Your help will be really appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks in advance.
If you haven't filed taxes in Canada, then you don't have an option C.
Send them proof of your employment income in the UK.

pMM

Starkie

Apr 24, 2009
Hey PMM thanks for your help. Thats great i'll show them my UK employement proof. Does it make my application weak?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Starkie said:
Hey PMM thanks for your help. Thats great i'll show them my UK employement proof. Does it make my application weak?
No, it strengthens your application, as it shows you were working and not on public assistance and should be able to maintain your spouse in Canada if necessary.

PMM