+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

option C printout and slips, don't have them

funnyhoney

Oct 20, 2012
Hi all,
I am so stressed about this, can any of you please help?
Our situation:
My common- law partner wants to sponsor me. But he hadn't file any income tax in the past 15 years.
He had phone the CRA and was advised to send a letter to request past years' tax slips. We did send a letter requesting the slips.( But they have not get back to us. Maybe we have to wait for another 5 weeks. BUT! we are really short of time!)

I have a visitor's visa, and this visitor's visa is my second one, so I DON'T know if I can extend my visitor's visa again.
(1) Question: Does any of you know if I can still extend my visitor's visa?

Well, if I can not extend the visitor's visa, then we need to send in the sponsorship application before the end of this year.

But! He had never file his taxes before. I don't know if he will be able to file last year's income tax and get the optionC print out done in 2 monthes.
What if he can't file the income tax on time to get the options C AND T4, T5, etc.?
(2) Question: Is the option C really necessary?
He has a job now. And he is not on welfare.

Please help, thanks!

by FunnyHoney

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Re: don't have option C print out and slips

Hey,

I'm not sure if I can answer everything, but I can always try!

About extending visa - nobody can give you an answer as it is up to the border officer to extend your visa, and it depends on so many factors.

about the option C - I am not sure why your partner has never filed taxes. If it is because he was out of Canada, then it should be no problem - my partner did that, and he explained why he didn't have an option C, but how much money he made, photocopy of payslips etc, and how he plan to support us while in Canada, and he was approved as a sponsor.

CIC wants to see that you have a plan, that him, as a sponsor, can be financially responsible for you, and you won't go on welfare (or him).

If he has not paid taxes for other reasons than being out of Canada, then I don't know.

good luck with your application,
Sweden