+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option C / Notice of Assessment

Jon0960

Jun 16, 2019
I just printed all of my forms off and read over every checklist point very carefully, we have most of the forms ready to go. The only thing holding me back is about the Option C form. I started a new job in April, so I don’t have a most recent tax return statement.

What should I do? Ask my new employer to write a letter stating how much I make etc, include recent paystubs and also include an explanation as to why I could not supply an Option C form or Notice of Assessment? Will this extend our waiting time to be approved at all? Or should I just supply my Option C form for my 2018 year job, where I was making almost less than double what I’m making now...

Thank you

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Send them the most recent available NOA/ option C and attach paystub copies of your current job ( couple of months ) and a letter of employment .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just printed all of my forms off and read over every checklist point very carefully, we have most of the forms ready to go. The only thing holding me back is about the Option C form. I started a new job in April, so I don’t have a most recent tax return statement.

What should I do? Ask my new employer to write a letter stating how much I make etc, include recent paystubs and also include an explanation as to why I could not supply an Option C form or Notice of Assessment? Will this extend our waiting time to be approved at all? Or should I just supply my Option C form for my 2018 year job, where I was making almost less than double what I’m making now...

Thank you
Starting a job in April would not have prevented you in any way from filing your 2018 tax return. 2018 is the most recent taxation year and your post seems to indicate that you have the 2018 Option C, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Jon0960

Jun 16, 2019
Starting a job in April would not have prevented you in any way from filing your 2018 tax return. 2018 is the most recent taxation year and your post seems to indicate that you have the 2018 Option C, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Sorry,

I began a new job this year, April 2019, so I don't have my Notice of Assessment for my current job and can ONLY supply the one for my previous job in 2018. Since the year isn't over I don't think it's possible to even get any sort of copy of my 2019 notice of assessment.

Jon0960

Jun 16, 2019
Send them the most recent available NOA/ option C and attach paystub copies of your current job ( couple of months ) and a letter of employment .
So if I were to send in my previous job's NOA there wouldn't be any hold backs if I include my new jobs paystubs, letter of employment and a new sheet of paper with an explanation as to why I couldn't supply it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry,

I began a new job this year, April 2019, so I don't have my Notice of Assessment for my current job and can ONLY supply the one for my previous job in 2018. Since the year isn't over I don't think it's possible to even get any sort of copy of my 2019 notice of assessment.
So if I were to send in my previous job's NOA there wouldn't be any hold backs if I include my new jobs paystubs, letter of employment and a new sheet of paper with an explanation as to why I couldn't supply it?
You are creating a problem where there isn't one. NOAs aren't issued for jobs. They are issued for taxation years and 2018 is the most recent taxation year. It is impossible to provide an NOA for 2019 right now.

Reactions: phaeo and aby1098