Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Hello all (hopefully this is narrowing down my list of questions, which seems endless!! I can't wait to report my timeline and finally get to help others as I learn this process!!)

So here's the problem. I'm a US citizen. He's a Canadian Citizen. But he had been living in the US illegally for ten years (his mom brought him over as a minor illegally). So, it's really messing up some of the form filing for me. How do we prove he was in the US when we obviously couldn't sign leases or anything. Also, obviously no proof of his work. Not that that would look all that great anyway.

He JUST moved back to Canada because he was denied at the US border, so he started his life in Canada about a month ago. Well, obviously he has no tax returns. And he doesn't have a job YET but he will by the time of filing. So on the Document Checklist, 17-19 are bothering me a lot.

Do I need to send my paystubs and such as well? I'm worried the US thing for him COULD hurt him, but he's the sponsor, not the applicant, and he has no crime record or anything like that. Also, when he was in the states, he dropped his last name and used his mother's maiden name (also a part of his middle name) so everything we have is using that... but we don't see that as much of an issue, it's not like he changed his name completely. Honestly, he just didn't like his last name and didn't have to use it if he didn't want to!

Thanks again... I feel bad constantly asking questions. But I've been doing my best to learn things on my own. All of your help is constantly appreciated.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
he may have to explain some of these issues to immigration but as long as he is a canadian with no serious crimes in his past it should be ok,as for his taxes he can explain that as well and also there are no income requirements for spousal sponsorship.I am still fairly green in advising people but most immigration lawyers will provide a counsiltation for a small fee-if it puts your mind at eas and gives you a clearer picture it may be money well spent-good luck to you both...sorry i can't help more.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
That's what I was figuring... to a point. Thank you! I feel like this issue is going to have to be explained frequently... I just hope it doesn't slow down our process. I fear it will.