N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
neatass said:
did you guys receive any acknowledgement letter after you sent out your documents for nominee application(step 2)??
I sent out my document at April 21th, but didnt hear anything from them yet, I am a little bit worried
I guess you are talking about Nominee App for Opportunities Ontario (if your province is ON). After I sent my nominee app, it took 3 weeks in total to get it back from them. So, I did not have any chance to worry. It can take up to 3 months. But you can always call them; they are very good at responding. Besides, they are not as busy as the CIC offices which process PR applications.

Good Luck!

neatass

May 18, 2011
besides, what's the mailing address for that ontario pnp application(step 2)?????????
to missisagga or 400 University Avenue, Ground Floor Toronto, Ontario M7A 2R9???
thank you very much!!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
neatass said:
besides, what's the mailing address for that ontario pnp application(step 2)?????????
to missisagga or 400 University Avenue, Ground Floor Toronto, Ontario M7A 2R9???
thank you very much!!!
I believe it's still the Toronto address (400 Uni Ave)
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPCONTACT.html

neatass

May 18, 2011
thanks, and will they call you for a telephone interview in step 2??
what kind of questions will they ask???

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
neatass said:
thanks, and will they call you for a telephone interview in step 2??
what kind of questions will they ask???
Generally, they don't call you for anything unless your situation differs from the standard. By standard, I mean the 3-category streamlines: Int'l Student with Job Offer, Masters or PhD students. Even if they call you, they will ask you simple questions to verify your situation.

For my case, I was never been contacted.

neatass

May 18, 2011
during step 3(pr application to cic), can I change employer or stop working for the company who nominated me ???thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
neatass said:
during step 3(pr application to cic), can I change employer or stop working for the company who nominated me ???thanks
My suggestion would be "NO". Because you were granted a Nominee Certificate based on your employer's application and you will apply for PR upon that. CIC won't probably search for you whether you are working for that company or not. But yet it's somewhere written in Opportunities Ontario that you have to notify them for a change of your employment.

I don't exactly know the proper regulations re: this. The more experienced people here in the forum may help you. Best of luck!

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Hi Rossei and Sam 1986
i guesss our timelines are same. i submitted my 3rd step on jan 28, 2011 to buffalo and checked the tracking number . it said delivered on jan 31, 2011. eversince i havent heard anything. i emailed them and they said its taking 30 weeks to send out the acknowledgements. Also when i emailed them back saying that pnp should be a priority case, they said that they get more than 2000 pnp priority cases a month so the backlog is beyond their control. i hope we hear something.
Also, one question. i remember i sent them the certified cheque and the money comes out right away when a cerified cheque is issued. how do i find out if the cheque has been cashed???

much thanks and good luck

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Rossei said:
My suggestion would be "NO". Because you were granted a Nominee Certificate based on your employer's application and you will apply for PR upon that. CIC won't probably search for you whether you are working for that company or not. But yet it's somewhere written in Opportunities Ontario that you have to notify them for a change of your employment.

I don't exactly know the proper regulations re: this. The more experienced people here in the forum may help you. Best of luck!
CIC will or will not check upon your employment, depending on which office and VISA officer you get

In the letter with PPR, CIC sometimes send a notice to submit a letter of continuing employment with the company who sponsored you. They did not ask me this but numerous people under PNP had to send the confirmation to CIC before getting PPR

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
noormahal said:
Hi Rossei and Sam 1986
i guesss our timelines are same. i submitted my 3rd step on jan 28, 2011 to buffalo and checked the tracking number . it said delivered on jan 31, 2011. eversince i havent heard anything. i emailed them and they said its taking 30 weeks to send out the acknowledgements. Also when i emailed them back saying that pnp should be a priority case, they said that they get more than 2000 pnp priority cases a month so the backlog is beyond their control. i hope we hear something.
Also, one question. i remember i sent them the certified cheque and the money comes out right away when a cerified cheque is issued. how do i find out if the cheque has been cashed???

much thanks and good luck
Long live their backlogs. It's named PROVINCIAL NOMINATION PROGRAM and they get nominees from around the globe. It should be named GLOBAL NOMINEES FOR CANADA or something and they should never call it a "Priority" processing... :mad:

Coming to your question, if you have the cheque number, goto your bank and ask them when it was actually cashed by the recipient. This is same as "draft" as when you make draft from the bank, the money is gone immediately. You are actually buying a cheque/draft with your money from the bank...

laptop

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-09-2010
surenderJeet said:
Hi Friend,

Any one in IT. Please send me inbox message so that i can refer some jobs.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet
Hi SurenderJeet, I'm in IT. I'm not be able send inbox message to you but you could include me some jobs to my inbox.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi everyone,

I need your help and advice please.

I am a foreign worker trying to apply for the Canadian immigration through Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program.

The steps that need to be done as far as I know are as follows:
1) Get a job offer
2) Employee submit a pre-screen application to Opportunities Ontario.
3) Employer submit a nominee application package to the Opportunities Ontario.
4) Employer apply to Citizinship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
5) Employer can also apply to CIC for a temporary work permit while the PR application is being processed.

Can anyone provide me with more details or provide some inputs in the above steps please !.

Thank you guys..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OsamaR said:
Hi everyone,

I need your help and advice please.

I am a foreign worker trying to apply for the Canadian immigration through Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program.

The steps that need to be done as far as I know are as follows:
1) Get a job offer
2) Employee submit a pre-screen application to Opportunities Ontario.
3) Employer submit a nominee application package to the Opportunities Ontario.
4) Employer apply to Citizinship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
5) Employer can also apply to CIC for a temporary work permit while the PR application is being processed.

Can anyone provide me with more details or provide some inputs in the above steps please !.

Thank you guys..
I think you mixed the words Employee vs Employer. The steps seem fine, yet I revise for you:

1) Get a job offer. Normally, a company has to apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) to hire a foreign worker. So, you have to check for your position.
2) Employer (your company) submit a pre-screen application to Opportunities Ontario.
3) Upon getting the nomination package by the Employer, Employee (you) submit a nominee application package to the Opportunities Ontario.
4) Employee (you) apply to Citizinship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
5) Employee (you) can also apply to CIC for a temporary work permit while the PR application is being processed. Again, an LMO can play a role here.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Rossei said:
I think you mixed the words Employee vs Employer. The steps seem fine, yet I revise for you:

1) Get a job offer. Normally, a company has to apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) to hire a foreign worker. So, you have to check for your position.
2) Employer (your company) submit a pre-screen application to Opportunities Ontario.
3) Upon getting the nomination package by the Employer, Employee (you) submit a nominee application package to the Opportunities Ontario.
4) Employee (you) apply to Citizinship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
5) Employee (you) can also apply to CIC for a temporary work permit while the PR application is being processed. Again, an LMO can play a role here.
Thank you Ressei for your reply.

Under the Opportunities Ontario program the targeted number of nominees is 1,000 for 2011. So is there a way or a website to find out whether this number has been reached or not by now since we are few months away from 2012?!!

In regards to LMO; I read on Ontario immigration websites that there is no need for LMO:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html
Temporary work permits
Ontario nominees can apply for a temporary work permit while their permanent residence application is being processed overseas. A provincial nomination does not guarantee approval of a temporary work permit application. CIC is responsible for the issuance of temporary work permits. If granted, the temporary work permit will allow a nominee to travel to Ontario to begin working for his/her employer sooner. Ontario nominees are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion (LMO) process. To learn more about the LMO process visit the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada website.

Thanks a lot