Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OsamaR said:
Thank you Ressei for your reply.

Under the Opportunities Ontario program the targeted number of nominees is 1,000 for 2011. So is there a way or a website to find out whether this number has been reached or not by now since we are few months away from 2012?!!

In regards to LMO; I read on Ontario immigration websites that there is no need for LMO:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html
Temporary work permits
Ontario nominees can apply for a temporary work permit while their permanent residence application is being processed overseas. A provincial nomination does not guarantee approval of a temporary work permit application. CIC is responsible for the issuance of temporary work permits. If granted, the temporary work permit will allow a nominee to travel to Ontario to begin working for his/her employer sooner. Ontario nominees are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion (LMO) process. To learn more about the LMO process visit the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada website.

Thanks a lot
Normally, the quota of 1000/ per year isn't that important. Yet, you can call Opportunities Ontario and ask them if you apply now; will you have chance to get nominated? I did that and got a positive feedback.

As I studied in Ontario, I got my work permit before getting nominated. So, I did not have to care about LMO. Hence, I don't even know in detail. If you applying from outside Ontario; it will still be hard to get the work permit and then work visa to come to Canada even though Opportunities Ontario will issue a work permit request letter for CIC once you get nominated.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Rossei said:
Normally, the quota of 1000/ per year isn't that important. Yet, you can call Opportunities Ontario and ask them if you apply now; will you have chance to get nominated? I did that and got a positive feedback.

As I studied in Ontario, I got my work permit before getting nominated. So, I did not have to care about LMO. Hence, I don't even know in detail. If you applying from outside Ontario; it will still be hard to get the work permit and then work visa to come to Canada even though Opportunities Ontario will issue a work permit request letter for CIC once you get nominated.
Thank you so much Rossei for the information You have been providing me with but I still have more to ask if you do not mind :)

I just emailed Opportunities Ontario and asked about the quota, let's hope there is still a room for more applications..

Now my plan is to get nominated through Opportunities Ontario then apply for work permit and in parallel apply for PR through CIC, however as per your feedback it would be very hard to get a work permit !!! Why is that if I fulfill all requirement ?

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello,
I am Gaurav. Presently i am working as mechanical design engineer with one of the mining equipment manufacturer in Sudbury, Ontario on work permit. I had received positive LMO for that position through my employer few months ago. Now i want to apply for PR under PNP category for same position under which i am working right now on work permit. Will be possible for my employer to send employee pre screen application for same position in which i am working right now & we received positive LMO few months ago. Thanks a lot in anticipation of your reply.
Thanks,
Gaurav

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much funds i need to show if i am applying via international student with job offer.and secondly my wife is also in canada with me..so do I need to show some extra funds??? Please reply

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jeff.sharma75 said:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much funds i need to show if i am applying via international student with job offer.and secondly my wife is also in canada with me..so do I need to show some extra funds??? Please reply
When you fill out Schedule 4: Economic Class (PNP) for PR application; you can write whatever you want in the box stated 'Funds'. I remember I put down $14,000 back in Jan, 2011. The amounts required for 2 persons to settle in Canada are $13,837 (reference below).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Note that, for PNP, you don't have to show any proof of that fund. But I would recommend to put down $14,000 minimum and not exceed something that you won't be able to show if asked by CIC later.