+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunities for an Interior Designer if your education is not equivalent

davdacan

Sep 17, 2018
Hello,

And we have applied for PR. Would like to know how it works in Canada for an interior designer.

Thank you in advance

Abdul ezaz

Jun 27, 2020
Hi friends,
I have a degree in commerce alongwith a diploma in Interior Design [Indian education]. I have been able to work for 5+ years in the Gulf as a designer with this diploma. However, WES does not recognize it as equivalent to Canadian education.

Is it possible to secure a job as designer [even JUNIOR] to begin with when I land in Canada-without really undergoing education? If not, any short term courses [upto a year] that would allow me to launch into this field soon? I really do not want to spend time and money on a degree course-as it would be minimum 4 years.

Perhaps in the future once I gain some money I can think on those lines.

Brother same situation! Im a civil diploma holder working in uae as a site engineer in a fitout company. I want to immigrate canada but when i check with wes it is considering my diploma as a secondary school diploma having only 30 points in crs and 5 points in fswp.

What do i do?

Can i do bba just for the sake of degree and try to immigrate or any other better options. Plzzz enlighten me brother

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hello everyone,

need a bit of help regarding filling for immigration, have done my WES, IELTS is still in pending. have you guys completed yours application successfully?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Waqar Ali
Sorry just read your message. Hope you were able to get help?

Jan 15, 2021
Hey, is there any authorized organization apart from WES that does accredit an Interior Design diploma? I'm from India, I have a 3 year University BSc degree and a 2 year diploma in interior design but I doubt if WES would assess my diploma. Please help if anyone has got a similar diploma assessed.

Thanks in advance,
Aashima

Reactions: viviliaZ

KopalP

Jan 31, 2021
Hi friends,
I have a degree in commerce alongwith a diploma in Interior Design [Indian education]. I have been able to work for 5+ years in the Gulf as a designer with this diploma. However, WES does not recognize it as equivalent to Canadian education.

Is it possible to secure a job as designer [even JUNIOR] to begin with when I land in Canada-without really undergoing education? If not, any short term courses [upto a year] that would allow me to launch into this field soon? I really do not want to spend time and money on a degree course-as it would be minimum 4 years.

Perhaps in the future once I gain some money I can think on those lines.
Hello. I came across one of your queries on the portal, and i was hoping you might be able to help me with it. My query is somewhat similar. I am a delhi university graduate with a bachelors degree is commerce. I pursued diploma in Interior design 1 year course from Polytechnic for Women after graduation. I wish to apply for PR in Canada, and I am struggling to provide relevant details. I am not sure if they would consider it. Many suggested I check on the wes equivalency tool but there is not mention on diploma on the list.
how do i go about it. please help. thanks in advance

KopalP

Jan 31, 2021
Hey, is there any authorized organization apart from WES that does accredit an Interior Design diploma? I'm from India, I have a 3 year University BSc degree and a 2 year diploma in interior design but I doubt if WES would assess my diploma. Please help if anyone has got a similar diploma assessed.

Thanks in advance,
Aashima
Hi. I have got a similar situation. I have messaged you as well. let me know if we can connect through private message. It would be easier. thanks!

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018

Thanks in advance,
Aashima
Hi Aashima,
For immigration purposes your Bsc will be enough. WES will recognize it if its from a recognized institution. For Licensing in ID industry-they may be ways to bridge the gap or prove you hv an equivalent qualification. Can talk more about it-but I guess Immigration would be step 1. Hope this helps

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hello. I came across one of your queries on the portal, and i was hoping you might be able to help me with it. My query is somewhat similar. I am a delhi university graduate with a bachelors degree is commerce. I pursued diploma in Interior design 1 year course from Polytechnic for Women after graduation. I wish to apply for PR in Canada, and I am struggling to provide relevant details. I am not sure if they would consider it. Many suggested I check on the wes equivalency tool but there is not mention on diploma on the list.
how do i go about it. please help. thanks in advance
You had sent me a DM-I have replied out there.