+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPINION PLEASE FOR CONJUgal

yuki.017

Oct 22, 2018
Hey Guys,

I need opinions. Is sexual orientation can be fall under conjugal? My same sex partner is not out to her family regarding her sexual orientation and my family is not agree to same sex marriage. Can I still apply as

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but as I understand same sex conjugal applications only get serious consideration if someone is in a country where such a situation results in persecution or is illegal. So because family doesn’t agree or support is not a reason. Maybe look at other immigration programs.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hey Guys,

I need opinions. Is sexual orientation can be fall under conjugal? My same sex partner is not out to her family regarding her sexual orientation and my family is not agree to same sex marriage. Can I still apply as
It needs to be an immigration or legal barrier. Your narrative doesn't indicate that either of those are in play in this case...
Personal or family issues are not considered as supporting a conjugal partner application.

yuki.017

Oct 22, 2018
Others can comment but as I understand same sex conjugal applications only get serious consideration if someone is in a country where such a situation results in persecution or is illegal. So because family doesn’t agree or support is not a reason. Maybe look at other immigration programs.
Hi thanks for the reply. My partner is in the Philippines , wherein same sex marriage is not accepted. I cannot marry her to be as my spouse because our family is against about same sex marriage and we both agree not to get married as long as we can be together here in canada. We cannot be common law partner because we don't live in one house for a year.She was my childhood friend and we meet again online since 2015 with constant communication and visiting each other once a year. Because of her profession and being a bread winner of the family, she cannot stay longer with me for a year. How will I able to sponsor my partner?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi thanks for the reply. My partner is in the Philippines , wherein same sex marriage is not accepted. I cannot marry her to be as my spouse because our family is against about same sex marriage and we both agree not to get married as long as we can be together here in canada. We cannot be common law partner because we don't live in one house for a year.She was my childhood friend and we meet again online since 2015 with constant communication and visiting each other once a year. Because of her profession and being a bread winner of the family, she cannot stay longer with me for a year. How will I able to sponsor my partner?
The point is that all your issues are related to personal or family choices. They are not legal or immigration barriers.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Has she visited you in Canada? If yes and if she's able to visit you, then you cannot qualify for conjugal because her being able to visit you in Canada means you guys can get married.

If she can't visit you then you would have both a legal (no same sex marriage in the Philippines) and immigration (she can't come to Canada) barrier which would allow you to go down the conjugal route. What I mean by, "Can't visit you," is if she were to be denied a TRV (a tourist visa) to come to Canada. Not being able to visit you due to family or money or anything like that doesn't count. Only if she can't get a visa.

If she's able to get a visa and visit you in Canada, there's no hope for conjugal since that means you're able to get married in Canada or do common law in Canada (arguments such as, "It's too expensive, I can't be away from my family, etc," don't count as a barrier).

As a side note, I married my wife last year and only one family member of mine knows, for the same reasons. Just because my family isn't accepting doesn't mean I'm unable to get married. So these arguments won't work.

yuki.017

Oct 22, 2018
Has she visited you in Canada? If yes and if she's able to visit you, then you cannot qualify for conjugal because her being able to visit you in Canada means you guys can get married.

If she can't visit you then you would have both a legal (no same sex marriage in the Philippines) and immigration (she can't come to Canada) barrier which would allow you to go down the conjugal route. What I mean by, "Can't visit you," is if she were to be denied a TRV (a tourist visa) to come to Canada. Not being able to visit you due to family or money or anything like that doesn't count. Only if she can't get a visa.

If she's able to get a visa and visit you in Canada, there's no hope for conjugal since that means you're able to get married in Canada or do common law in Canada (arguments such as, "It's too expensive, I can't be away from my family, etc," don't count as a barrier).

As a side note, I married my wife last year and only one family member of mine knows, for the same reasons. Just because my family isn't accepting doesn't mean I'm unable to get married. So these arguments won't work.[/QUOTE

So, We can get married even there is no family member that will attend or witness the ceremony?.and for sure no one will attend because they are against with the same sex marriage. But if that is the only way that we can be together then we will do a secret marriage to our family.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Note that there may also be other countries that you can use to get married in. It doesn't *have* to be Canada.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Note that there may also be other countries that you can use to get married in. It doesn't *have* to be Canada.
Doesn't have to be Canada, but since OP is interested in conjugal, if her gf gets refused a visa to Canada, that's all they need. They're not obligated to marry in a third country (as then almost no one would qualify for conjugal, I think).

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So, We can get married even there is no family member that will attend or witness the ceremony?.and for sure no one will attend because they are against with the same sex marriage. But if that is the only way that we can be together then we will do a secret marriage to our family.
No, it's in no way mandatory to have family at a wedding. Many couples applying for permanent residency come from all over the world and there's no expectation that their families will be able to afford to all come together in one place to attend a wedding. Yes, it's great if you can have some family members present, but it's not some huge issue if there's no one.

Do you have friends that could attend the ceremony instead? My wife and I are both foreigners in Canada so her family didn't attend because we just couldn't get them to Canada in time (they need visas) and, like I said, only one family member of mine knows and they didn't attend either. We had seven friends at our ceremony and that was it.

We explained the situation truthfully in our cover letter. The agents working on these applications have seen it all before and someone's family not being accepting and thus not attending or knowing about a relationship/wedding certainly isn't anything new. Just explain and mention any red flags you may have in your cover letter and it should all be okay.

yuki.017

Oct 22, 2018
No, it's in no way mandatory to have family at a wedding. Many couples applying for permanent residency come from all over the world and there's no expectation that their families will be able to afford to all come together in one place to attend a wedding. Yes, it's great if you can have some family members present, but it's not some huge issue if there's no one.

Do you have friends that could attend the ceremony instead? My wife and I are both foreigners in Canada so her family didn't attend because we just couldn't get them to Canada in time (they need visas) and, like I said, only one family member of mine knows and they didn't attend either. We had seven friends at our ceremony and that was it.

We explained the situation truthfully in our cover letter. The agents working on these applications have seen it all before and someone's family not being accepting and thus not attending or knowing about a relationship/wedding certainly isn't anything new. Just explain and mention any red flags you may have in your cover letter and it should all be okay.
Thank you