+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opinion on traveling back to Europe this summer for holidays (as a student)

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
So have been happily in Canada roughly the past 7 months and enjoying the summer here with things finally opening in Toronto.

I am thinking of heading back to Europe for 3-4 weeks for a quick holiday, especially since quarantine is no longer required, if im fully vaccinated since July 5th. Right now I still have plans for late August but thinking of moving the whole trip earlier.

I will be heading back to the Netherlands which is around 30% fully vaccinated.

How big do you think the chances are of a new general international student ban (concerning that new Delta+ variant) or from Europe and are you allowed to come back far before your classes start again? Finances are not a problem right now.

I'm just worried about a new ban, since people can connect from anywhere in the world (not a problem for me, I respect and 100% understand better than anyone about wanting to be here, it's just that Doug Ford happened to want to ban all students again)

I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but just to get a consensus. Previously changing my studies between Montreal and Toronto and flying home for what I thought was a little holiday, I ended up stuck in Europe for 8 months without much of a social life lol.

Last edited: