none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Hi folks,

Time to get back on the forums/boards and start another application!!

1. Anyway, on my actual application I am trying to avoid spending money on another test, and since I am a certified English examiner for Transport Canada (for aviation English (ALPT)), is there ANY chance they might approve of that as proof of English??

2. I still owe back-taxes for 2012, paying them down slowly, but it was a substantial amount, will this cause troubles on my application?

3. Travel, I have been to the US frequently with my wife, we take 2-3 day trips once every 3-4 months, and I don't have exact dates for more then the ones that I have had to get a US Visa Waiver...

These things weigh me down a bit, I know I meet the residency by days now, as I was on work permit prior to getting my PR in 2011.

Anyway, thanks again
TH.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
TheHal said:
Hi folks,

Time to get back on the forums/boards and start another application!!

1. Anyway, on my actual application I am trying to avoid spending money on another test, and since I am a certified English examiner for Transport Canada (for aviation English (ALPT)), is there ANY chance they might approve of that as proof of English??

2. I still owe back-taxes for 2012, paying them down slowly, but it was a substantial amount, will this cause troubles on my application?

3. Travel, I have been to the US frequently with my wife, we take 2-3 day trips once every 3-4 months, and I don't have exact dates for more then the ones that I have had to get a US Visa Waiver...

These things weigh me down a bit, I know I meet the residency by days now, as I was on work permit prior to getting my PR in 2011.

Anyway, thanks again
TH.
1. Unless your credentials are listed on the CIC website they're probably not going to be accepted, no matter how good they are. I seem to remember a poster here a while back who was teaching English at high school or university but still needed to get one of the approved language certifications. CIC like their rules no matter how dumb...

2. Shouldn't matter.

3. You never know what happens, but the more you travel the less CIC seem to trust your stated physical presence.

Norsk? Svensk!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You will probably have to take a test. It sucks, but that is what happened to a guy I know, who is a translator of his language and English.

2. Dunno.

3. Get a document from the government on all of your border crossings. They should have it. I don't know where you can apply for it, but I am sure someone on the site knows. You must know each border crossing if you want to apply for the citizenship.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
First of... NORSK selvfoelgelig?? Tjena!

Was going to ask for the document on border crossings, but I see you don't have the answer!!

Anyway, I shall email CBSA and se how I can obtain this, I live only an hour from the border so no worries going for a drive.

I should have about 60 days maximum out of the country, and I work full time, so should be no reason for panic, however my buddy who's in the same occupation as me got the RQ for no apparent reason, and HE said that almost everybody now gets an RQ so that CIC can deal with the backlog...

Cheers
TH

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
TheHal said:
First of... NORSK selvfoelgelig?? Tjena!

Was going to ask for the document on border crossings, but I see you don't have the answer!!

Anyway, I shall email CBSA and se how I can obtain this, I live only an hour from the border so no worries going for a drive.

I should have about 60 days maximum out of the country, and I work full time, so should be no reason for panic, however my buddy who's in the same occupation as me got the RQ for no apparent reason, and HE said that almost everybody now gets an RQ so that CIC can deal with the backlog...

Cheers
TH
Fint! Att kunna snacka norska borde räcka...

How long have you held your present job? If you've held it long enough, getting a letter of employment from your employer might help to prove your case of having been present in the country.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Takker!

Fint aa snake/skrive litt nordisk ja, jobber med en Islending ogsaa, Ganske morro!

I have worked at my company since I got my permanent residency, stared 3 days after I got it actually!!

Perhaps I will do that then. But now I have to do an English exam that has me worried... I speak fluently, with hardly any accent and obviously can read and write it too, but still having dreads on that stupid exam.

Oh well,

Cheers
TH

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
OK,

Found a site that relieved my worries with regards to the English exam...

CELPIP General-LS seems to be very basic and I don't think I'll have any problems in scoring well on it.
And it is less than I thought too! $150 and I can sit it here in Winnipeg... BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!

I will have my boss write me a letter of employment as well, to give further proof of my status in Canada.

I see that they are concerned with multiple border crossings, and I have many! I have found about 90 days away so far, and will probably end up with around 100, but I am not too worried, all are to the US and all are 2-3 day trips except work trips.

Thanks peeps
TH