+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening Canada operations for US based company

Samrancho

Feb 10, 2018
Hi

This is a US Company making an offer to an employee, an Indian Citizen, to work in Canada

Can I get some information regarding the legality of this concept?

Thank you for your help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi

This is a US Company making an offer to an employee, an Indian Citizen, to work in Canada

Can I get some information regarding the legality of this concept?

Thank you for your help
This is unlikely to be viable. To obtain a work permit, you would need to be offered a job by a Canadian company with a supporting LMIA. If the US company is intending to pay you direct from the USA, you would still not be permitted to interact in any way with Canadian clients or the Canadian labour market without a work permit.

Samrancho

Feb 10, 2018
This is unlikely to be viable. To obtain a work permit, you would need to be offered a job by a Canadian company with a supporting LMIA. If the US company is intending to pay you direct from the USA, you would still not be permitted to interact in any way with Canadian clients or the Canadian labour market without a work permit.
@zardoz thanks for the information! The US company is planning to open up operations in Canada. What would be the procedure and legality? Or could you point me to some resources to look this up?

Thanks again

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
@zardoz thanks for the information! The US company is planning to open up operations in Canada. What would be the procedure and legality? Or could you point me to some resources to look this up?

Thanks again
This gets complicated. The Canadian company would need to be set up (by Canadians) and in existence probably before you can get involved, either by ICT work permit or by LMIA supported work permit. You probably need to talk to a competent Canadian immigration lawyer to find out what your options are.

Reactions: Samrancho

Samrancho

Feb 10, 2018
This gets complicated. The Canadian company would need to be set up (by Canadians) and in existence probably before you can get involved, either by ICT work permit or by LMIA supported work permit. You probably need to talk to a competent Canadian immigration lawyer to find out what your options are.
Thank you for your information!