Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi! I am in the same situation as you. What did you end up doing? Opened a bank account before moving, or took cash with you?
Hi,
I personally took cash & opened account after have been in Canada.
Deposited the amount once account is opened.
Good Luck

Reactions: jule1989

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
You can also try RBC. Accounts can be opened before arrival and it can save a lot of hassle. Their wire transfer fees may not be the most competitive but again, one can be assured of things getting done the right way.

https://www.rbc.com/newcomers/permanent-residents-in-canada.html#moving

Thank you for your reply.
Have you done that? Is the process completely online? Or do we have to send them certified documents by mail?
I could only find the form to fill to initiate the process, but not a lot of information about the terms and condition of the account.
I emailed them to ask for more information, but they didnt reply..

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Thank you for your reply.
Have you done that? Is the process completely online? Or do we have to send them certified documents by mail?
I could only find the form to fill to initiate the process, but not a lot of information about the terms and condition of the account.
I emailed them to ask for more information, but they didnt reply..
Once you get in touch with the bank and initiate a request online, you will hear from someone via email. That's when discussions on documentation, details of accounts to be opened etc. will happen. Completely via emails and perhaps a couple of phone calls and things should be wrapped up in a few weeks. This is what happened a few years ago and I don't suppose they would have changed this.

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Once you get in touch with the bank and initiate a request online, you will hear from someone via email. That's when discussions on documentation, details of accounts to be opened etc. will happen. Completely via emails and perhaps a couple of phone calls and things should be wrapped up in a few weeks. This is what happened a few years ago and I don't suppose they would have changed this.
I see. Thank you for your clarifications