+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening a Bank account from outside Canada

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
Dear members
please recommend to me a bank name so I can open an account online and for one transfer transaction meaning i will do one transaction only before i leave my country and next i will configure the account once i arrive.
and what account type should i use
noting that it will be my very first landing in Saskatoon
Please help !

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSBC is fine. Savings or chequing. However, your local branch in your home country might or might not be of much help to assist you to get your Canadian Bank Account activate.

Reactions: Ortega.konate

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Tried it, and couldn't do it. Was told you have to physically open the account while at a branch in Canada.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Dear members
please recommend to me a bank name so I can open an account online and for one transfer transaction meaning i will do one transaction only before i leave my country and next i will configure the account once i arrive.
and what account type should i use
noting that it will be my very first landing in Saskatoon
Please help !
Try one of the online banks like EQ Bank or Motus Bank. You will require a local address and SIN number though.

teelad

Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone! There's a nice webinar coming up that anyone who just moved to Canada will find useful. It's a financial bootcamp and it's completely free.

As people living in the diaspora, one of the things that will set you up for success and quick adaptability is a solid financial foundation:
- Understanding how finances work in Canada and
- Knowing what financial mistakes to avoid

That's the whole essence of the Newcomer Financial Bootcamp.
Financial professionals will share insights about how taxes, credit, pension, banking, insurance, and financial advisory work in Canada.

Click https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7516448395724/WN_WfF8NwEHQ_uRc6ljGvXH1A to save your spot now so you don't miss out! Registrations close on Thursday and spots are filling fast.

You can also share with your friends.
Cheers!

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
Look for new comer service!

You can open a bank account and transfer to it. Your funds/ account will be on hold till you activate the account by providing the remaining documents. I believe you will get the documents after landing.

RBC (the Royal Bank of Canada) (Yes)
TD Canada Trust (Toronto Dominion Bank) (Not sure)
But for international students, check: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/solutions/student-banking/international-students-in-canada/
Scotiabank (the Bank of Nova Scotia) (Not sure)
BMO (the Bank of Montreal) (Not sure)
CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce), (Not sure)

Conexus Credit Union (Not sure)
Affinity Credit Union (Not sure)
Innovation credit Union (Not sure)