+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opened a bank account with Scotia. Need to wire the funds. Please Help!

Ahm@d

Aug 25, 2019
@GMP97 hey bro i have a question. Today i received a message from Scotia bank that my wire transfer has been cancelled, the reason they mentioned was" Ordering instituions country is missing", Now what does that mean,I send it through MCB bank. should i wait for the money to reach my account and send it then? how much time does it take

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
@GMP97 hey bro i have a question. Today i received a message from Scotia bank that my wire transfer has been cancelled, the reason they mentioned was" Ordering instituions country is missing", Now what does that mean,I send it through MCB bank. should i wait for the money to reach my account and send it then? how much time does it take
probably your own bank or the institution bank did not put the country from where money was transferred ask your bank they probably f ed up the forms

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Have you seen any success using this technique..how much time should I wait for Scotiabank to confirm now???
if they have sent the money after a few days you dont receive a message like your money has been rejected for bla bla reasons means the money has been received and accepted by scotia bank and your GIC will be sent to you know that Scotia wont inform you about the fact that your money was received they will directly send you GIC

Ahm@d

Aug 25, 2019
@GMP97 thanks for the reply, in how much time you think the money will reach my account here in Pakistan, and how much do they cutoff?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
@GMP97 thanks for the reply, in how much time you think the money will reach my account here in Pakistan, and how much do they cutoff?
wont cut off anything more than 30 40 dollars should take about 2 weeks to reach back make sure you keep nudging your bank otherwise they wont do their work

Ahm@d

Aug 25, 2019
@GMP97 I have also opened an account with Habib canadian bank. Should i go with them, someone said that they take less time then scotia

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Yes they do but there are also almost no branches of habib canadian

Muraddar

Jun 13, 2019
Hey man, I recently transferred my funds to Scotiabank's International Account using the StartRight program. My funds were also rejected and returned back. But I did not received even close to the transferred value. The difference is around 12%. Can you tell me what deduction you got?

abhijeet4800

Aug 8, 2018
Bro if the money is returned to your account then you can loose upto 40k in your local currency..the best is to ask your bank to provide SWIFT copy of the transaction and ask them if they have any intermediary bank involved to hold the money in CAD...your bank can correct the required information and resend the transaction...this is the best available solution

abhijeet4800

Aug 8, 2018
Hi

Please share your experience to transfer funds to Start right account
I did an international transfer like this for the first time. The only thing one needs to ensure name and address on the Scotia account, your home bank account and passport should match letter by letter. Else the transaction will get declined. My transaction got declined due to it. I was using ICICI Bank to transfer the money. I asked ICICI to hold the money in CAD and try again after making the changes. It worked for me and I was just charged additionally 20 CAD. I feel this is a pretty straightforward process, but yes one can panick if sending their lifetime savings for the first time.

Reactions: Vishal A