+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work

Nonysmalls

Sep 18, 2018
I applied for an open work visa on 16th march, 2018. I went for my medicals on 22nd May 2018. Later enrolled for biometrics on 13th August, 2018. I got an email on 14th August, 2018 stating that my application has been received with a tracking number. I am from Nigerian and my application is online. Please what is my fate?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You have not stated why you think you qualify for a open work permit. Which of the following do you fall under?

are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
applied for permanent residence in Canada
are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
are under an unenforceable removal order
are a temporary resident permit holder, or
are a young worker participating in special programs
In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.

Nonysmalls

Sep 18, 2018
The agency i used applied through refugee citizenship programme, all am asking is biometrics an assurance to get the visa.

Nonysmalls

Sep 18, 2018
The agency i used applied through refugee citizenship programme, all am asking is biometrics an assurance to get the visa.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No, biometric is just an initial requirement doesn't mean you are getting anything yet, how are you eligible as a refugee?

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
I am a Canadian citizen with OCI card (Indian origin) and marrying soon in India and Indian. We will be doing a court marriage wt the required letter from consultate of Canada in India of no objection + Nikah.

My question is can I apply for his open work permit BEFORE spouse visa or it can only happen after applying for PR and getting AOR?

Thank you.