+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

FelixT379

Apr 24, 2024
My gf and I are really confused regarding the open work permit. So we received a letter from the governement saying she can work for anyone, anywhere in Canada now, but obviously she needs a work permit. Immigration Canada says to apply in our IRCC secure account. The only applicable link was "Apply to come to Canada" under Start an Application, so I clicked, even though my gf is already in Canada. Then at the bottom of the page, there are three buttons. I clicked the first one, for visitor visa, study/work permit. We have to answer a bunch of questions, and then we are told that she is not eligible. I wanna try again, thinking maybe I made a mistake, but the button for visitor visa, study/work permit. We would need help to send an open work permit request. Yes she is definitely eligible. I figured some people already went through the whole process. The guide is not helpful at all. It tells us how to fill the forms, which we did not require, but it does not tell us how to send them.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What letter are you referring to and why would she have received it?

Why are you posting in the Family Class Sponsorship section? Is she a FN here on a work permit? If so, post this question in one of the workers related forums.