+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

AlyOfficial13

Aug 22, 2023
Good day!

Hello everyone, I am on a Visitor Visa I came here on June 21, 2023. I already have an employer that is willing to give me a job here in Canada. I just wanted to know if It is required to get an open work permit or an LMIA exemption title, I will be working as a Nursing Assistant in one of the nursing homes around Riverview NB. And If it is required what are the requirements for it?

I do really need your help! Have a wonderful week.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day!

Hello everyone, I am on a Visitor Visa I came here on June 21, 2023. I already have an employer that is willing to give me a job here in Canada. I just wanted to know if It is required to get an open work permit or an LMIA exemption title, I will be working as a Nursing Assistant in one of the nursing homes around Riverview NB. And If it is required what are the requirements for it?

I do really need your help! Have a wonderful week.
You should be posting under Foreign Workers. You need a LMIA from the employer to apply for a closed work permit. Not sure how you are eligible for LMIA exemption (company transfer, free trade agreement) or open work permit (spouse is Canadian/PR or on work permit). Or look at NB PNP program if eligible based on your education, language, skilled work experience. Employer has to be eligible too.

Reactions: AlyOfficial13

AlyOfficial13

Aug 22, 2023
You should be posting under Foreign Workers. You need a LMIA from the employer to apply for a closed work permit. Not sure how you are eligible for LMIA exemption (company transfer, free trade agreement) or open work permit (spouse is Canadian/PR or on work permit). Or look at NB PNP program if eligible based on your education, language, skilled work experience. Employer has to be eligible too.
Thank you for the reply.
I will post on the Foreign Workers. :)