+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN WORK PERMIT

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
Hey guys ! am a refugee claimant in Canada,I just received my open work permit ,I am grateful and happy because it was pretty quick....But it got me worried ,it came with case type 28 ,I search and 28 means under enforcement,it might scare employers away right?...and secondly ,the work permit got condition which is : unless authorized,prohibited from attending any educational institution or taking any academic ,professional or vocational training course. That got me messed up because I wanted to take a quick training and I have been previously told that if it is less than 6 months ,I do not need a study permit .Also there is a type of job where it is said training provided ,so is that mean that I cant even take this type of job ??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys ! am a refugee claimant in Canada,I just received my open work permit ,I am grateful and happy because it was pretty quick....But it got me worried ,it came with case type 28 ,I search and 28 means under enforcement,it might scare employers away right?...and secondly ,the work permit got condition which is : unless authorized,prohibited from attending any educational institution or taking any academic ,professional or vocational training course. That got me messed up because I wanted to take a quick training and I have been previously told that if it is less than 6 months ,I do not need a study permit .Also there is a type of job where it is said training provided ,so is that mean that I cant even take this type of job ??
I don't think on the job type of training is part of that condition. On the job training is not a "training course".

"any educational institution or taking any academic ,professional or vocational training course"

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
I don't think on the job type of training is part of that condition. On the job training is not a "training course".

"any educational institution or taking any academic ,professional or vocational training course"
uhhh yeah you might be right ,thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
uhhh yeah you might be right ,thank you
They are right. On the job training is part of normal work duties and hours unless part of formal co-oP or apprenticeship program. The conditions shouldn’t stop employers from hiring you. There is currently a need for workers so you should be able to find employment and remember this is only your first job not a job for the rest of your life. Supporting yourself while you wait for the outcome of your asylum claim is what is most important.

• Love
Reactions: rash2022

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
They are right. On the job training is part of normal work duties and hours unless part of formal co-oP or apprenticeship program. The conditions shouldn’t stop employers from hiring you. There is currently a need for workers so you should be able to find employment and remember this is only your first job not a job for the rest of your life. Supporting yourself while you wait for the outcome of your asylum claim is what is most important.
you are right ,thank you so much

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Wao great
Please can you share your timeline

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
Wao great
Please can you share your timeline
sorry for the late answer, I enter in Canada the end of August 2022/September 14th 2022 interview+ brown paper same day /December 12th 2022 work permit ,no hearing date yet ,I had and still have hard time to communicate with Rpd ,I have to resend another Boc (they asked for)

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
sorry for the late answer, I enter in Canada the end of August 2022/September 14th 2022 interview+ brown paper same day /December 12th 2022 work permit ,no hearing date yet ,I had and still have hard time to communicate with Rpd ,I have to resend another Boc (they asked for)
Thanks for response
That was really quick
Did you file in Toronto?

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
Ok I see
It’s kind of slow in Toronto but we have no choice but to patiently wait
In General Montreal is known to be slower than Toronto ,like i said some that came before me and at the same time like me ,have their interview for 2023 and 2024.A lot of people in Montreal are trying to transfer to Toronto or ALBERTA or British Columbia

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
In General Montreal is known to be slower than Toronto ,like i said some that came before me and at the same time like me ,have their interview for 2023 and 2024.A lot of people in Montreal are trying to transfer to Toronto or ALBERTA or British Columbia
Count yourself lucky
So you filled another BOC after your case was referred IRB ?

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
And During your interview
We’re questions asked about your story or ?
No ,it is mostly to give back the schedule 12 ,the IMM008 and schedule A,then they will give you the boc form to fill up and send .Some officers might ask you questions about what you wrote on the forms I just listed .They might ask you lightly about your story.The hearing will be where you will have to give details .Some officers are more complicated than others.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
No ,it is mostly to give back the schedule 12 ,the IMM008 and schedule A,then they will give you the boc form to fill up and send .Some officers might ask you questions about what you wrote on the forms I just listed .They might ask you lightly about your story.The hearing will be where you will have to give details .Some officers are more complicated than others.
Schedule 12
Imm008
What’s that
I only applied online
And then passport seized