Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
I am currently being sponsored by my commom-law partner. He is a Canadian citizen. I have just sent my Inland application package today. Meanwhile, I am wondering if I can apply for the open work permit before the immigration officer notify me. I really wish to work in Canada legally while waiting for the AIP. Thanks =)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You can't work while waiting for AIP. You have to wait for AIP before you are eligible for the OWP - and, hopefully, you submitted an application to extend your status/change your conditions WITH your inland PR application. That protects your current temporary status until CPC-Vegreville gets around to beginning assessment on your inland PR ap (9-10 months after it's received) and, if you checked the "Initial Work Permit" box and paid the $150 fee, it enables them to immediately issue your "change of conditions" to an OWP as soon as you're found eligible for first stage. If you don't apply to at least extend your status while your PR application is waiting for assessment and you fall out of status, your application processing will be turned over to your local CIC office and first stage approval can be delayed for up to two years (depending on how busy your local office is).

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Thanks for your reply. I should had posted my question in this forum before I mailed my package. It's my mistake that I did not mentioned about having my study permit and work permit renewed already. However, I am going to withdraw from school temporary due to some financial circumstance which means that I cannot use my off campus work permit without registering for some courses.