+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
How muvh time it takes to process spousal open work pernit when applying inside canada. When marraige certificate is issued in canada. One spouse is Canadian other is international student.
Pls help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How muvh time it takes to process spousal open work pernit when applying inside canada. When marraige certificate is issued in canada. One spouse is Canadian other is international student.
Pls help
Around 5-6 months right now.

I assume you have submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application along with the open work permit.

Reactions: ummi

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Thanks for always being so helpful.
Actually i have not applied yet. But this is case for my child. She wants to get married to someone on international student visa. If marraige is done here in canada, next step is to apply open work permit ? Any thats taking how long ?
5 to 6 months ??
I need to know what can be complications or process in this case.
Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for always being so helpful.
Actually i have not applied yet. But this is case for my child. She wants to get married to someone on international student visa. If marraige is done here in canada, next step is to apply open work permit ? Any thats taking how long ?
5 to 6 months ??
I need to know what can be complications or process in this case.
Thanks again
No - next step after marriage is to apply for spousal sponsorship through the inland process. The open work permit is included with the sponsorship application. You can't apply for the open work permit alone.

Yes, you should expect approval of the open work permit will take 5-6 months.

You should stay in school as a full time student until the open work permit is approved.

Reactions: ummi

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
No - next step after marriage is to apply for spousal sponsorship through the inland process. The open work permit is included with the sponsorship application. You can't apply for the open work permit alone.

Yes, you should expect approval of the open work permit will take 5-6 months.

You should stay in school as a full time student until the open work permit is approved.
Thanks so much for the info.
I am bit skeptical as a mom. Do you think it would be better that a boy on international student visa does marraige outside canada and than declare inland marraige here in court or civic centre .
Or it is better he just do it here.
My daughter is citizen and we are here but boy family is back home.
What is more easy and fast in terms of processing spousal application.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Please can anyone guide me. What are the requirements for sponsorship of spouse . If my daughter marry an international student , she needs to have income to show or what is the process ?