+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

mandeep9595

Jul 22, 2019
Hello folks,

I applied for spouse open work permit in March 2020 and got refusal in May 2020. I just want to know that Should I apply again in this pandemic time?

Please help me out.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hi there, you should order your GCMS notes first to have a better idea of why your application was refused. I, myself, find usually their refusal letters as seen on this forum not detailed enough.
Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello folks,

I applied for spouse open work permit in March 2020 and got refusal in May 2020. I just want to know that Should I apply again in this pandemic time?

Please help me out.
You don't qualify to travel at the moment. Is your spouse still studying? Online? How long is left before graduation?

mandeep9595

Jul 22, 2019
Hi there, you should order your GCMS notes first to have a better idea of why your application was refused. I, myself, find usually their refusal letters as seen on this forum not detailed enough.
Good luck
I got my GCMS notes, reason behind refusal is purpose of visit and financial status. I can justify both.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think 9 months are mote than six months, correct me if I am wrong??
Yes but by the time you get close to approval it would be after the 6 month mark. You can certainly try. The other issue is the current travel restrictions. You would not qualify to fly.

mandeep9595

Jul 22, 2019
Once I get visa, I will wait to lift the travel ban. I just keen to know the current situation, should I apply or not ?

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello folks,

Please help me out.
My application dated February 1 was rejected on February 12. I applied again with additional spouse documents.
Still waiting until today. Hopefully by December 1st week should get response.

If your situation has changed or any missing documents related to your spouse or self which was not uploaded earlier, please go ahead and apply again. The more time you wait, more is the delay.
Your visa validity period is the same as your spouse working or student visa who is in Canada now. More the delay, more time we loose. So no need to wait. Any questions let me know