Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Eveslm,

I have one more question. Why most of the sponsorships choose "outland applications". Is it significantly faster than the inland applications? I'm just thinking to have my wife in Canada on TRV and then apply inland.
Most of the Outland applications have been processed quicker than inland. The standard processing time for both is 12 months. Some Outland applications have been processed in 3/4 months, most of them processed in 6/8 months, some 12 months. For inland it has been between 8-12 months. There are also some applications both Outland and inland which have been processed for more than 12 months.

Either way it depends on how straight forward or complex an application is. Also where a PA has military experience it tends to prolong the process, and sometimes the PAs country of origin can have an effect in the processing time.

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
Hi Everyone
I will be grateful for any advice!

Prehistory:
Husband has Canadian citizenship , I am from Ukraine. We get married at the and of December 2019 .
I am currently living with him in Canada , I arrived by visitor visa.

We are in final stage to mail our Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. But we would like to do OWP too.

Some questions:
1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. In the website it says that OWP should be send online. Should we apply to OWP after we will send our sponsorship documents ? or send OWPp documents with PR application?

Dr2233

Jan 25, 2015
Hi Everyone

Prehistory:
Husband has Canadian citizenship , I am from Ukraine. We get married at the and of December 2019 .

We are in final stage to mail our Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. But we would like to do OWP too.

Some questions:
1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. In the website it says that OWP should be send online. Should we apply to OWP after we will send our sponsorship documents ? or send OWPp documents with PR application?
I think those are great questions. I have also heard you need to link your OWP application to the PR application. But I don't know the details. Need help from some experts on this forum.

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi Everyone

Prehistory:

Some questions:
2.) When applying for an in-land sponsorship submit the OWP application by mail with the PR application.

1) Complete a complete OWP application package including document checklist and requested supporting documentation. If the supporting documentation overlaps with that in the PR application submit two copies.

The following is taken from:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail

"Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist."