+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, it's my first time to pst here I hope I'm doing it properly. I have experienced to share too. I mailed my application for permanent residence Feb. 9, 2010 and CIC received it Feb. 12, 2010. They started processing it April 27, 2010. My husband received their application papers August 2010, but I have'nt receive my open permit yet. I tried to call but the operator keep saying just wait for the processing time keeps changing. I told them that my work permit ends Oct. 16, 2010, but they said not to worry for I have implied status as long as I'm working for the same employer. But the problem is my health card and SIN expires to, I'm so worried that I might get sick or something happens I'm not covered with ohip. They said they can't do anything about it. Application time when I submitted my papers was 5-6mos, then 7-8mos, 9-10mos, 10 mos and the latest now is 10-11 mos, and they might changes it to 12mos/1yr. They should just put 1yr/12mos if they have plans to changes it not like what they did, it is so stressful. It's like getting your open permit soon but not coz they changed the processing time. How much more for the permanent residence, it is so stressful specially by next year by January I will just be part time on my employer. Nee money to support our families, thats why we are here making huge sacrifice being away from our family.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
i agree with you jusbelle! i hope that they will make it faster because being away from our family i am just wondering can we write to CIC to know that it is not that nice that they are making it longer the processing time? we need our open work permit badly right so that we can move on our lives. i hope that 1 yr will be the total of the processing time of our PR i hope that they will be considerate, because i am getting depressed and just wanted to give it up and go home to my family :'(

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Its hard but a fact. PR applications, especially in your catorgary are taking longer and longer. You will be able to continue work, under implied status, as long as it is for the same employer and same conditions as your work visa states.

You will not, however be covered under Provincial medical. Now is the time to investigate the cost of temporary medical insurance during the implied status period.

Be strong and think of the future years together, this is just a small period, for a greater good.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello as for my alberta health card nagrenew ako sis tumwag ang alberta health hiningi lang angwork permit ko

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
hello as for my alberta health card nagrenew ako sis tumwag ang alberta health hiningi lang angwork permit ko
hi there! ask ko lang kung paano ka nakarenew ng health card mo? do u still have valid work permit or nag extend ka? I'll mail my application for OWP and PR next week, and at the same time, i am applying for an extension of work permit. Kasi although "implied" ang maging status kapag nakapag-apply na, too many to consider naman, like yung SIN, health card and yung driver's licence na sabay din ang expiration sa work permit. I called the CIC call center and they said that it's up to me kung gusto ko i-extend. Lalo na ngayon na 10-11 months na pala ang processing for the OWP alone. Hay, paano na kapag nagkasakit, ang mahal pa nmn ng mga gamot plus hospital and doctor's fee. Ano kasi ang nangyayari sa CIC,bakit tumagal na ng ganyan.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
yup inextend kuna ang work permit ko loida kasabay na ng expiration ng passport ko, nakaklungkot tumatagal ng tumatagal sana may makausap tayo para mapbilis masyado ata matagal yun god bless sa atin!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Be of good cheer!!!! Now 10 months again for AIP. Malapit na yan :)

rosellyalung said:
yup inextend kuna ang work permit ko loida kasabay na ng expiration ng passport ko, nakaklungkot tumatagal ng tumatagal sana may makausap tayo para mapbilis masyado ata matagal yun god bless sa atin!

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
hi roselle! Nag-extend ka rin pala, buti na rin ang ganyan ano para wala tayong isipin sa mga SIN and health card natin. Magkano nga pala ang total fees na dapat nating bayaran when applying for PR and OWP? $550 + $ 150 ba? or meron pa aside from that? thanks! and sana ay mapabilis na ang processing ng CIC sa mga applications ng mga live-in caregivers, ano?

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is so nice to read on this site. At least we could share our sentiments and happiness too. I heared from a friend based on some live-in caregivers experienced in their PR papers they said that Cic is slow on the open permit but making it fast for the pr processing to re unite the family. I hope it is true, so it would be worth the wait and getting the first stage approval too will make as happy and confident to apply for a new job.

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
updated processing time in CIC site

Guys I just check the processing time in Canada under Live in caregiver, it is now December 13, 2009 and they changed the processing time from 10-11, to 10 months.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
yup you will pay 550 each if you have dependent applicant plus the 150 for open work permit, really ?where are you from jusbelle? i hope that the PR processing will be faster than the work permit it would be sounding better to me!

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
yup you will pay 550 each if you have dependent applicant plus the 150 for open work permit, really ?where are you from jusbelle? i hope that the PR processing will be faster than the work permit it would be sounding better to me!
I'm from Philippines working here in Thunder Bay Ontario.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
ok update me jusbelle! nice to know you hoepfully everything will be fine? are you married with kid? thanks !

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
ok update me jusbelle! nice to know you hoepfully everything will be fine? are you married with kid? thanks !
yup, married with 2 kids. They are waiting for the confirmation number and medical too.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello can you post your timeline pls? thanks and god bless! pls read this website it lightened out situation a little bit! thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report2010/section1.asp#part1_1