+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Can't understand the report. Can someone please enlighten me :(.

rosellyalung said:
hello can you post your timeline pls? thanks and god bless! pls read this website it lightened out situation a little bit! thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report2010/section1.asp#part1_1

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
yup inextend kuna ang work permit ko loida kasabay na ng expiration ng passport ko, nakaklungkot tumatagal ng tumatagal sana may makausap tayo para mapbilis masyado ata matagal yun god bless sa atin!
Hi rosellyalung:
Ask ko lang kasi my 2-year TRV and WP under Livein Caregiver will expire on JAnuary 12, 2011. Mag extend ako ng WP ko ng 1 year fulltime caregiver pa same employer. Nung nag renew ka ng WP mo did CIC require you to get new LMO? Kasi tumawag ako sa HRSDC sabi nila mag apply ulit daw ang amo ko but no need to advertise. Hindi ko naman kasi matawagan ang CIC. Thanks a lot if you have idea about this case. And when is the best time to apply my WP Extension. I got my new contract and a letter from my employer that they still need my service. Your words is highly appreciated. :) :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No need for LMO; need new contract though and letter from your employer that s/he still needs your services. Sorry, my post a bit crude.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf Item 8.2

Requirements:
Live-in, full-time caregiver:
If same employer
1. Letter from the employer
stating that the live-in caregiver
will continue to be employed full
time for another year.
2. Copy of a new or extended,
signed employment contract.
No need for new validation.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@job seeker- they are trying to lessen the backlog and adding up more applications that needs to be decided upon, that is the way i am understanding it thanks a lot

@ honeysweet- jobseeker is correct that is the way i did my extension of WP , god bless to all of us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Thanks Rosell.

rosellyalung said:
@ job seeker- they are trying to lessen the backlog and adding up more applications that needs to be decided upon, that is the way i am understanding it thanks a lot

@ honeysweet- jobseeker is correct that is the way i did my extension of WP , god bless to all of us!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosellyalung and job_seeker:

It such a pain, my employer phone CIC and HRSDC today and they told her that we really need to apply a new LMO and we need to advertise in Job Bank for a minimum of 14 days. I can't get their point how come that my employer need to advertise. I'm running out of time right now coz my TRV and WP will expire on January 12, 2011. It's ridiculous doesn't make any sense.

This what tHRSDC emailed to my employer too. Please pray for me that I can make it with the remaining days. I really don't want to leave canada.

hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers

On April 27, 2009, employers wishing to hire temporary foreign workers under the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower-Levels of Formal Training (National Occupational Classification C and D), Exotic Dancer, and high-skilled occupations (National Occupational Classification 0, A and B) will no longer be provided with the option to submit an Application to Extend a Labour Market Opinion.
All employers, whether they are first-time Labour Market Opinion applicants or those wanting to continue employing a worker beyond the period covered by the original Labour Market Opinion, must submit a new Labour Market Opinion application.
Top of page

3. Will return employers looking to extend a temporary foreign worker’s employment beyond the period covered by the original Labour Market Opinion be asked to demonstrate proof of past compliance?

Upon the submission of a new Labour Market Opinion application, a return employer under any stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, including the Live-In Caregiver Program, could be asked to demonstrate proof of compliance with the terms of previous offers of employment to temporary foreign workers (e.g. wages and working conditions). In fact, a finding that a temporary foreign worker has not received the wages and/or working conditions that were set out in a previous offer of employment could lead to a conclusion that the offer of employment included with the new Labour Market Opinion application will not be respected and is therefore not genuine.
Proof of past compliance will mainly focus on whether the wages and working conditions were adhered to in the terms of previous offers of employment to temporary foreign workers. In addition, all requests, whether a new or return employer, will be subject to the standard LMO assessment criteria imposed under Section 203(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and the existing conditions and requirements imposed under the applicable Program stream.
[/font][/color]

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honeysweetie said:
Hi rosellyalung:
Ask ko lang kasi my 2-year TRV and WP under Livein Caregiver will expire on JAnuary 12, 2011. Mag extend ako ng WP ko ng 1 year fulltime caregiver pa same employer. Nung nag renew ka ng WP mo did CIC require you to get new LMO? Kasi tumawag ako sa HRSDC sabi nila mag apply ulit daw ang amo ko but no need to advertise. Hindi ko naman kasi matawagan ang CIC. Thanks a lot if you have idea about this case. And when is the best time to apply my WP Extension. I got my new contract and a letter from my employer that they still need my service. Your words is highly appreciated. :) :)
hi honeysweetie,

I just submitted my application for my work permit extension last sunday. And my PR and OWP application too. I phoned CIC many times asking if i still have to submit a new LMO', same with my employer, she called CIC and inquire the same. The answers were always "No" as long as I am still employed under the same employer and should submit the application before the expiration of my work permit. IMy work permit will expre on JAn 2011. I included in my papers my old LMO which is still valid until December 10, and my new and old contract with my employer. I hope and pray that there would be no problem with that. Good luck to us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What was cited there was for "past compliance" of an employer hiring a new caregiver (and other employers, hiring new foreign workers), applying for new LMO. Your employer does not fall into this category considering s/he is still your employer, not applying for a new LMO.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/communications/whatsnewextlmo.shtml

Proof of Past Compliance

Upon the submission of a new LMO application, a return employer participating in the Live-In Caregiver Program, the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Formal Training (NOC C and D), Exotic Dancer, and high-skilled Program streams may be asked to demonstrate proof of past compliance with the terms of previous offers of employment to temporary foreign workers (e.g. wages and working conditions). Unless requested by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada, employers are not required to submit proof of compliance with their LMO application.

honeysweetie said:
Hi Rosellyalung and job_seeker:

It such a pain, my employer phone CIC and HRSDC today and they told her that we really need to apply a new LMO and we need to advertise in Job Bank for a minimum of 14 days. I can't get their point how come that my employer need to advertise. I'm running out of time right now coz my TRV and WP will expire on January 12, 2011. It's ridiculous doesn't make any sense.

This what tHRSDC emailed to my employer too. Please pray for me that I can make it with the remaining days. I really don't want to leave canada.

hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers

On April 27, 2009, employers wishing to hire temporary foreign workers under the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower-Levels of Formal Training (National Occupational Classification C and D), Exotic Dancer, and high-skilled occupations (National Occupational Classification 0, A and B) will no longer be provided with the option to submit an Application to Extend a Labour Market Opinion.
All employers, whether they are first-time Labour Market Opinion applicants or those wanting to continue employing a worker beyond the period covered by the original Labour Market Opinion, must submit a new Labour Market Opinion application.
Top of page

3. Will return employers looking to extend a temporary foreign worker's employment beyond the period covered by the original Labour Market Opinion be asked to demonstrate proof of past compliance?

Upon the submission of a new Labour Market Opinion application, a return employer under any stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, including the Live-In Caregiver Program, could be asked to demonstrate proof of compliance with the terms of previous offers of employment to temporary foreign workers (e.g. wages and working conditions). In fact, a finding that a temporary foreign worker has not received the wages and/or working conditions that were set out in a previous offer of employment could lead to a conclusion that the offer of employment included with the new Labour Market Opinion application will not be respected and is therefore not genuine.
Proof of past compliance will mainly focus on whether the wages and working conditions were adhered to in the terms of previous offers of employment to temporary foreign workers. In addition, all requests, whether a new or return employer, will be subject to the standard LMO assessment criteria imposed under Section 203(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and the existing conditions and requirements imposed under the applicable Program stream.

[/font][/color]

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks job_seeker. My employer already posted an advertisement thru Job bank. And she will apply new LMO on the 18th of Nov. And since you told me it's no need to have new LMO so I will forward my WP application late next week without my LMO. We'll see if CIC will approve or if not at least the LMO is on process.

Again thanks a lot and I will keep you posted.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Attach a letter from your employer stating that s/he still needs your services and a new contract. Don't forget the fee :)

honeysweetie said:
thanks job_seeker. My employer already posted an advertisement thru Job bank. And she will apply new LMO on the 18th of Nov. And since you told me it's no need to have new LMO so I will forward my WP application late next week without my LMO. We'll see if CIC will approve or if not at least the LMO is on process.

Again thanks a lot and I will keep you posted.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
rosellyalung said:
i agree with you jusbelle! i hope that they will make it faster because being away from our family i am just wondering can we write to CIC to know that it is not that nice that they are making it longer the processing time? we need our open work permit badly right so that we can move on our lives. i hope that 1 yr will be the total of the processing time of our PR i hope that they will be considerate, because i am getting depressed and just wanted to give it up and go home to my family :'(
I agree with you , rosellyayung , as the matter of fact , I planned before November . as I feel the Government treat the live-in caregivers unfairly .

We make the Canadian children happy , the elderly healthy , let the families work well , but have to leave our families especially our children behind far away , we take the lowest salary , work long hours with almost 0 overtime pay , we have been taking it . but how can we accept more and more unfair treatment .
That's unfair for our children .
that's too bad to our health too .

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@ying- i want to write a letter to the minister to see our sentiments i hioope that everyone will cooperate righgt? what do you thnk? god bless us!

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
rosellyalung said:
@ ying- i want to write a letter to the minister to see our sentiments i hioope that everyone will cooperate righgt? what do you thnk? god bless us!
I am so excited rosellyayung , I am talking to my all the live-in caregives who I know , they all agree with me , but we have to think of a better way to make sure it will work , because I don't think the immigration really care about the live-in caregivers . god bless us !

jusbelle

Oct 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
@ ying- i want to write a letter to the minister to see our sentiments i hioope that everyone will cooperate righgt? what do you thnk? god bless us!
Hi it is a good idea, much better kung sign tayong mga nanny on the letter, parang petition letter. It would take long coz you have to send then sign the letters but the more concern the better right.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@ying888 and jusbelle- give me some inputs or pointers that will be the content of the letter. i will try to construct a letter, we have to start it as ealry as possible. where are you from guys? if i can make the letter, i will readily send it to you guys! write all the names who are interested thanks and god bless us! this waiting time cause lots of misunderstanding especially between our spouses i hope they can help us with that, because if we are just going with the floe , they thought that it is okay for us that they can do whatever they want so it is not bad that we speak up right guys?