+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

ChrisUK

Jun 1, 2017
Applied for an open work permit in beginning of January. The processing times say maximum of 90 days. Its a lot more than that now and having my sponsor having to support me for this amount of time is frustrating and a lot of stress. Does anyone know or in the same situation have any idea whats happening?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Applied for an open work permit in beginning of January. The processing times say maximum of 90 days. Its a lot more than that now and having my sponsor having to support me for this amount of time is frustrating and a lot of stress. Does anyone know or in the same situation have any idea whats happening?
Did you submit the OWP app along with an inland PR app?

ChrisUK

Jun 1, 2017
Did you submit the OWP app along with an inland PR app?
It was not done by me, I have been paying for it through a company that have a good reputation and I have paid a lot of money so far. So im sure they done everything that was needed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It was not done by me, I have been paying for it through a company that have a good reputation and I have paid a lot of money so far. So im sure they done everything that was needed.
Which still tells me nothing about your situation. You need to actually provide some information if you want help.

Is this an inland sponsorship application? Did this company submit an OWP app along with an inland PR app?

Reactions: Jeffuk88

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
If it WAS with an inland PR application then they shouldnt have a good reputation if theyre promising a max 90 days

ChrisUK

Jun 1, 2017
Which still tells me nothing about your situation. You need to actually provide some information if you want help.

Is this an inland sponsorship application? Did this company submit an OWP app along with an inland PR app?
Yes the OWP and inland PR were submitted both January 11th

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Everything is backlogged on cic website. Always has been. 90 days is the general guidelines. The site also tells you the applications they are working on right now.

If you see your time has passed in the timeline they are working on currently, then thats the only time they will take action. Otherwise you have to wait like everyone else.

hidra

May 1, 2017
They received our inland Sponsorship/OWP application in april, and my wife has received her OWP in the mail last week...

I would definitely contact them as it seems way too long...

macs

Jun 9, 2017
Hi ChrisUK, I am in a similar situation and feel your frustrations on waiting to seek employment etc. Although I did apply for my OWP in April via postal, I have not heard from CIC since. Did you receive any formal confirmation that CIC received your OWP application? I tried contacting them on the phone to confirm that they have received mine but keep getting directed to a voice generated information or to their website. What number did you use to contact CIC regrading your OWP? Cheers

ChrisUK

Jun 1, 2017
Hi ChrisUK, I am in a similar situation and feel your frustrations on waiting to seek employment etc. Although I did apply for my OWP in April via postal, I have not heard from CIC since. Did you receive any formal confirmation that CIC received your OWP application? I tried contacting them on the phone to confirm that they have received mine but keep getting directed to a voice generated information or to their website. What number did you use to contact CIC regrading your OWP? Cheers
Hi, I have paid an immigration consultant and he has said he has tried phoning and has now sent Case Specific Enquiry. Still nothing yet so just waiting and so far losing hope in the whole system. I had already a job in Canada and applied for experienced class but was refused because of a mess on their side. Now whatever is happening with this work permit I still have no idea.

ChrisUK

Jun 1, 2017
Hi, I have paid an immigration consultant and he has said he has tried phoning and has now sent Case Specific Enquiry. Still nothing yet so just waiting and so far losing hope in the whole system. I had already a job in Canada and applied for experienced class but was refused because of a mess on their side. Now whatever is happening with this work permit I still have no idea.
I did have a reply saying they had my PR application through family sponsorship, my OWP was submitted with that from my immigration consultant.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I did have a reply saying they had my PR application through family sponsorship, my OWP was submitted with that from my immigration consultant.
call cic. you may be a victim of cic's "lost" applications. it really does happen. are you sure you had a valid status when you applied for owp?

J_Petunia

Aug 3, 2017
Hi there,
I am also wondering about my open work permit. I applied in-country along with spousal sponsorship. I've called CIC helpline and they can't find my PR or OWP applications via the automated option. Each time I call it say there are no available agents and it hangs up. Is there a trick to getting through to a live person? Also, does anyone know how I may find out my application number for the OWP? I assume it's not the same number as the sponsorship application, since my husbands name is tied to the sponsorship app and my name is tied to the OWP... Thank you! So grateful you all are here.