+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009
Hi everyone, I got my open work permit today, and there is one condition there said "unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course:, now I got a question, I am a nurse and if I need to get my CPR certification, is it allowed?

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
as long as it is required by your employer, there shouldn't be a problem. our employer had us take a first aid course and a food safety certification too.

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009
Giuliana: I sent it on 4/ jan and jot the permit today (1/feb)!
Girlash: most places hired nurses require them to at least have a cpr certification, so I will phone CIC tomorrow and just to make sure it is fine!thanks for your reply.

conradysa

Feb 1, 2010
yes ur allowed to take cpr training..unless it is more 6 months then u are not allowed..this is based upon the experience of my physiotheraphist friend here at toronto and a professor in one of the PSW school..

Ems Lee

Aug 12, 2019
Giuliana: I sent it on 4/ jan and jot the permit today (1/feb)!
Girlash: most places hired nurses require them to at least have a cpr certification, so I will phone CIC tomorrow and just to make sure it is fine!thanks for your reply.
Hi. Am I allowed to do bls cpr training , if i am owp holder? Thank you