+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN WORK PERMIT

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
ljiljka007 said:
My vacation was not paid, thats why I am asking. I do work betweek 36-40 hours per week, but I had 2,5 weeks of unpaid vacation. Didnt think that would be a problem at the time :-/

And I asked, can I apply just for BOPW just 2 days after I apply for PR under CEC?!

I have just one more question. My husband is with me in Canada, and he will apply with me for PR. Can he apply for BOPW also?! His work permit also expired on sep30th
1. In regards to this 2.5 weeks of unpaid vacation, I would really advise you to call CIC and ask. Also, maybe someone here can answer better then me. At the end of last year they changed conditions for CEC in regards to how much of working experience you need to have. Before changes you had to have 2 years of full time work experience and it was minimum 3900 working hours. And they changed to one year but I can not find what is the correct minimum number of working hours. They say minimum 12 months with minimum 30 hours per week (that is 6 hours per day) and would be 1440 hours (one month has 4 weeks). When I applied for CEC I had over 18 month of continuous full time work experience, I also included in my application all of my pay stubs which contain exact number of payed working hours.

2. In regards to your husband check this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-for-dependent-spouse-t149452.0.html

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
nevenj said:
1. In regards to this 2.5 weeks of unpaid vacation, I would really advise you to call CIC and ask. Also, maybe someone here can answer better then me. At the end of last year they changed conditions for CEC in regards to how much of working experience you need to have. Before changes you had to have 2 years of full time work experience and it was minimum 3900 working hours. And they changed to one year but I can not find what is the correct minimum number of working hours. They say minimum 12 months with minimum 30 hours per week (that is 6 hours per day) and would be 1440 hours (one month has 4 weeks). When I applied for CEC I had over 18 month of continuous full time work experience, I also included in my application all of my pay stubs which contain exact number of payed working hours.

2. In regards to your husband check this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-for-dependent-spouse-t149452.0.html
Thank You so much for all the help! I will def call CIC and ask, before I send the application! Thank You again!

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
ljiljka007 said:
Thank You so much for all the help! I will def call CIC and ask, before I send the application! Thank You again!
If there is a minimum number of working hours you need to have for CEC, I think you will be fine.

Be sure to write down name and id of an agent with whom you are speaking. What ever the answer is, wait for another week and then call again and ask the same question and see will he/she give you the same answer. I'm in Canada on IEC work permit and they gave me wrong instructions in regards to applying for FSW and I lost 6 months because of that.

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am applying open work permit under spouse or common law partner in canada class. I am on visitor visa in canada. My visa stamp will expire before I will get my work permit because I can live only 6 months from stamp date. I want to know that how can I restore my visitor status while my work permit file is in process ?

Can anyone send me link where I can find information to extend my stay on visitor untill I won't get my work permit ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hello Everyone,

I am applying open work permit under spouse or common law partner in canada class. I am on visitor visa in canada. My visa stamp will expire before I will get my work permit because I can live only 6 months from stamp date. I want to know that how can I restore my visitor status while my work permit file is in process ?

Can anyone send me link where I can find information to extend my stay on visitor untill I won't get my work permit ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

You don't have to do anything else. If you apply before your visitor visa expires, you're on Implied Status until approved/rejected. You can stay in Canada (do not leave) and you must follow the conditions of your original visa. So for example if you're a visitor and apply for a work permit you can't work until your work permit is approved.

Source: CanadaVisa.com - Implied Status

Reactions: jes_ON
Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

Do I need to sumbit any extra form to IRCC that my visitor visa is expiring before I get my open work permit ? DO I need to inform IRCC for my situation ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hello,

Do I need to sumbit any extra form to IRCC that my visitor visa is expiring before I get my open work permit ? DO I need to inform IRCC for my situation ?

Thanks,
Abhishek
When you apply for a work permit you're asked to provide the document number of your most recent issued permit. Unless they ask for it, you don't have to go out of your way to send them that info. It won't hurt you (since it's completely legal to use implied status to stay) so it's up to you if you want to inform them.