+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit with private college

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello
i am studing in private university which is eligible to give me post grafuate work permit
is it safe to continue studying in it?
and i want to apply for spouse
is he get open wrk permit ?
is we will face any problem regarding this institution???
Where are you studying?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you've read this:

You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete one of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria:

• Bachelor of Interior Design
  • Bachelor of Business Administration (Project Management)
  • Bachelor of Technology in Electronic Engineering Technology (you must have received your degree on or before September 30, 2018)
You are not eligible if you complete any other program at this school.

Your spouse needs to apply for SOWP. It seems to be taking 45 months for most to hear back if not longer. Depends on where you are from. As mentioned previously spouses of international students are no guaranteed an SOWP. You will have to apply and see if your spouses is granted one.

deep kaur 98

Oct 7, 2018
Assume you've read this:

You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete one of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria:

• Bachelor of Interior Design
  • Bachelor of Business Administration (Project Management)
  • Bachelor of Technology in Electronic Engineering Technology (you must have received your degree on or before September 30, 2018)
You are not eligible if you complete any other program at this school.

Your spouse needs to apply for SOWP. It seems to be taking 45 months for most to hear back if not longer. Depends on where you are from. As mentioned previously spouses of international students are no guaranteed an SOWP. You will have to apply and see if your spouses is granted one.
i already concern with kne of the lawyer he said
he will get it in 3 4 months
owp is it?
or i will apply for any other visa
i need him here because i am having 5 month pregnancy too
so what should i do

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is unlikely to arrive before then. You could try a TRV but the chances are not great for that. In order to get PGWP you have to study continuously. You may be forgiven for a small break in your studies when applying for PGWP. When did you start your studies? In September? You would have been aware of your pregnancy already. Have you looked to see what happens to your UHIP (international health insurance) if you are not studying full-time?