+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
I have a friend who applied on July 27th and got approved recently. My wife applied on July 12th and still nothing. Our application includes the main applicant, my wife, applying for OWP with PGWP Public policy, me as the spouse, applying for a spouse's open work permit too (she's working in a qualified job) and our three underage children, renewing their visitor records. Could this be considered a complex case and that be the reason for the delay?

Our current permits are about to expire this week, I know we can keep working until a decision is made, but we are being asked everywhere to send our updated documentation, even the insurance (in Quebec) which is expiring on the same date, is asking us for the updated document and does not accept that we can still remain as is until we're told otherwise. Is anybody else experiencing the same being asked to send their new WP? Have any lawyer or experienced person commented with any of you about what to do other than waiting for the WP, which is the most obvious thing to do?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
I have a friend who applied on July 27th and got approved recently. My wife applied on July 12th and still nothing. Our application includes the main applicant, my wife, applying for OWP with PGWP Public policy, me as the spouse, applying for a spouse's open work permit too (she's working in a qualified job) and our three underage children, renewing their visitor records. Could this be considered a complex case and that be the reason for the delay?

Our current permits are about to expire this week, I know we can keep working until a decision is made, but we are being asked everywhere to send our updated documentation, even the insurance (in Quebec) which is expiring on the same date, is asking us for the updated document and does not accept that we can still remain as is until we're told otherwise. Is anybody else experiencing the same being asked to send their new WP? Have any lawyer or experienced person commented with any of you about what to do other than waiting for the WP, which is the most obvious thing to do?
Hi,
when you applied you received a document that you could still keep working until a certain date.
you can send them this document if you want to and see if they accept.

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
I've tried calling with no luck so today I used the IRCC webform to ask for an update. Current processing times are 91 days and I'm at 115 days. I'll keep you posted if I receive any answer from them.

On the web form they say:

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
Ye
I've tried calling with no luck so today I used the IRCC webform to ask for an update. Current processing times are 91 days and I'm at 115 days. I'll keep you posted if I receive any answer from them.

• Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
Yes please.

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021

Can you please tell me how i can fill that web form and from where i can get it from.

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello everyone, pls how many days does it take to get the paper copy of the work permit after approval? Thanks for your swift response.