Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

hyunrememberl

Feb 2, 2018
Applied OWP under Spouse's PGWP,
Inline application,
During the PR processing,

Applied Aug 9th, 2021
Approved Nov 8th, 2021

Took me 91days Exactly what IRCC said in their web page.

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
Got approved today after 116 days. Applied on June 16th.

Yesterday I filled out their webform to ask for an update letting them know the specifics of my application and saying that the 4 months extension was about to expire and that their current processing times (91 days) were exceeded. Then, this morning we received confirmation of the webform request and later in the day we got approved.

Suggestion: If your application is over the current processing times, fill the webform and ask for an update. They specifically say not to contact them about this, if it's not time yet so don't, if not.

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation in Afghanistan.

Additionally, to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiriesonly.

If your enquiry is part of the list of priority enquiries mentioned on our website, please submit a webform.

For any other situation, you will find more information below.

General and status enquiries:

For any general question about IRCC programs, we invite you to visit our Help Centre or our website.

If you are enquiring about the status of your application, note that our agents don’t have access to more information about your case status or processing time than you can access online

Yesterday I filled out their webform to ask for an update letting them know the specifics of my application and saying that the 4 months extension was about to expire and that their current processing times (91 days) were exceeded. Then, this morning we received confirmation of the webform request and later in the day we got approved.

Suggestion: If your application is over the current processing times, fill the webform and ask for an update. They specifically say not to contact them about this, if it's not time yet so don't, if not.

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021

They answered my web form like this

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021

Did you applied on june 16 or july 16????

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
When someone applies for a SIN as a SOWP holder and later gets a Permanent Resident. Will he/she needs to apply for another SIN? Or does the work permit SIN also works for a PR status. Can someone explains how it works pls?

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
When someone applies for a SIN as a SOWP holder and later gets a Permanent Resident. Will he/she needs to apply for another SIN? Or does the work permit SIN also works for a PR status. Can someone explains how it works pls?
Yes. Because work permit holder and permanent resident is different category since work permit holder is temporary resident and PR holder is not. If I remember correctly, the first number starts different for PR holder.

Reactions: Abayomi1111

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
Hello guys anyone is here who is waiting from july for 18 month wp extension under new policy.. I applied on july 11th and still waiting. Please reply my concern so I will know that still people are waiting from same timeline. Thank you very much.

Alev1307

Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys anyone is here who is waiting from july for 18 month wp extension under new policy.. I applied on july 11th and still waiting. Please reply my concern so I will know that still people are waiting from same timeline. Thank you very much.
Same for me, I was applied on July 24 and still waiting, I worried because my SIN and Maladiexpired 3weeks ago!!