+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

goravca

Dec 23, 2020
Hi there,

I too want to apply for the TRV. Did you use the electronic approval letter ? Or are you waiting for the hard copy ?

Thanks.
Hi
I got my work permit 2 days ago in mail box.
Will apply today or tomorrow for TRV, figuring out how I can add spouse in TRV when applying TRV. My spouse is also on open work permit.
any body have any idea here?
Thanks

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi
I got my work permit 2 days ago in mail box.
Will apply today or tomorrow for TRV, figuring out how I can add spouse in TRV when applying TRV. My spouse is also on open work permit.
any body have any idea here?
Thanks
Hi When did you get approved? And how many days did it take to arrive?

Irasandhu

Mar 4, 2021
I have a question if anyone can answer- which option are we suppose to select -Applying with same employer or first time work permit and or new employer ??

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022
I have a question if anyone can answer- which option are we suppose to select -Applying with same employer or first time work permit and or new employer ??
First time work permit or with a new employer..

Apply with the same employer is for closed work permit application..

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
To be honest with you, which ever option you've selected doesn't matter. because under this public policy, you need to upload an explanation letter stating your situation that you'll fall under this category with the previous work permit scan copy

Reactions: Irasandhu

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
It is from VO Edmonton. I talked with IRCC, said reapply because letter needs to be uploaded with all documents.
I forgot to add my letter of employment and pay slips so my wife woukd be elegible for her OWP extension. I just sent a Webform with them. I hope they accept and don't reject the application

auburn

Mar 4, 2021
My status was expired and I was preparing for my spousal file and was within the restoration period and I was also eligible for pilot owp. The restoration date then was extended from Dec 31, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
Hi, did you mention that you’ve applied for restoration and an owp with the spousal application in the letter of explanation?