Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Applied 30 Jan
Approved 25 Feb.
18 months

Can I apply for TRV with approval letter? want to visit home country urgently
Thanks
Hi there,

I too want to apply for the TRV. Did you use the electronic approval letter ? Or are you waiting for the hard copy ?

Thanks.

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mine was a SOWP but thank you
No, IRCC will not see both application together.

IRCC will treat both separate applications even though if applied together. In SOWP application checklist is different and PGWP (primary applicant) checklist is different. You need to maintain proper document checklist for each application.

In SOWP application you must and should include Employment letter under O, A, B category and mandatory 3 paystubs.

I applied PGWP extension under public policy accompanying wife under SOWP.
I have attached my employment letter and paystubs, Covering letter, imm5710e,imm5257b,..to SOWP application..

Feb 4th applied
march 1: approved both applications

May 3, 2018
OWP Applied on Feb 10th. PGWP expired on oct 6th, applied for visitor visa on oct 10.
OWP and Visitor approved on March 1st,
Anyone know how long it takes for the work permit to be delivered?

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020

IRCC will treat both separate applications even though if applied together. In SOWP application checklist is different and PGWP (primary applicant) checklist is different. You need to maintain proper document checklist for each application.

In SOWP application you must and should include Employment letter under O, A, B category and mandatory 3 paystubs.

I have attached my employment letter and paystubs, Covering letter, imm5710e,imm5257b,..to SOWP application..

Feb 4th applied
Hey I also want to apply PGWP with my spouse in SOWP .. I applied PR on May 19 2020. I can apply BOWP but I am opting for this because of 18 months .. have permit til June 26.. .. I have DM you ... can you help me out ? Thanks

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020

Feb 4th applied
Where did u upload the employment letters and paystubs ... I know it’s in SOWP application .. but where in that . Client information ???
please let me know

Reactions: JayFM

harishkulkarnicanada

Jan 26, 2021

Feb 4th applied
I called CIC twice and enquired about payslips submission for SOWP. The information I received is, under public policy for SOWP offer letter is required & there is no need to submit Payslips since its not mentioned in CIC.
However, I’m still confused. Submitting 3 payslips might cause a delay. :confused:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html
Who may apply for a work permit from within Canada?
Important: The ability to apply in Canada does not guarantee acceptance. Eligibility criteria for the category of work permit must be met.
The following persons may apply for a work permit from within Canada:

• Holders of work or study permits and their family members;
    Note: Spouses or common-law partners of highly skilled foreign workers may themselves be authorized to work without first having confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). In the case of workers destined for Quebec, without having to obtain a CAQ from the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration(MIFI). The principal foreign worker must be doing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels O, A or B in order for them to qualify for a work permit. These skill levels include management and professional occupations and technical or skilled tradespersons. See if you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment.