18months PGWP approval
2 of my Friends approved
Application submitted- Feb 5 approved Feb 26
Application Submitted-Feb 7 approved March 2

Still waiting for mine, submitted on Feb 27

simon1218

Feb 10, 2021
Hi simon1218,
Did you pay restoration fee $200? IF not, could you let me know how you applied for this PGWP? I'm in the similar situation. Expired PGWP and waiting for visitor visa. When I choose the expired date the restoration fee is added at the end of the process. Total fee is $455. (Work Permit $155, Restoration of status $200, Open Work Permit Holder Fee $100.)
Hi, I think I missed this msg. I didn't pay the restoration fee. The restoration fee was not added for me when I chose the expired date. I'm not sure why the additional fee was added in your case. My PGWP expired last September and so I was not able to apply for restoration (over 90 days period). I just attached the letter that explained my situation and that I was applying for the work permit under new public policy! Feel free to ask me any questions if you have more.

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Any update on people who applied for pgwp under new policy on January 27th 2021 and didn't received any notifications yet? I've applied on 27th and till date no response from CIC. I'm seeing alot of people in this forum, who applied around February 1st week getting approvals. I don't know what's going on with the applications who applied on January 27th !!
Hi same here, I applied on January 27th 2021 and didn’t receive any updates since.

Reactions: Nsn359 and JayFM

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
My husband and I applied he applied for PGWP extension under the new policy and I applied for SOWP under him.
Applied: Jan 28,202
Approved: May 2, 2021

My husband got approved but I didn’t. They said I was refused because I couldn’t proved that my husband was a skilled worker. I don’t understand if he got approved why wouldn’t I. He applied and we applied for me under him. Can someone explain how that works.

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
My husband and I applied he applied for PGWP extension under the new policy and I applied for SOWP under him.
Applied: Jan 28,202
Approved: May 2, 2021

My husband got approved but I didn’t. They said I was refused because I couldn’t proved that my husband was a skilled worker. I don’t understand if he got approved why wouldn’t I. He applied and we applied for me under him. Can someone explain how that works.
Did u upload your husband’s employment letter and paystubs ?? Is he skilled worked noc level O,A,B?

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
Did u upload your husband’s employment letter and paystubs ?? Is he skilled worked noc level O,A,B?
Yes we uploaded his employment letter this is how he was able to get approved. We did not added it under my supporting documents only under his as we applied together

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Yes we uploaded his employment letter this is how he was able to get approved. We did not added it under my supporting documents only under his as we applied together
I think you should have uploaded in your application ... his application don’t need this.. he only need his PGWP to get ...

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
I think you should have uploaded in your application ... his application don’t need this.. he only need his PGWP to get ...
Shouldn’t our application be looked at together if we applied together?
do you know if I would have to reapply all over again or just submit this information to them?

Reactions: chpraveen52

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Shouldn’t our application be looked at together if we applied together?
do you know if I would have to reapply all over again or just submit this information to them?
I am not an expert in this.. But I think it’s looked as two different applications.. His application as PGWP and urs as SOWP..
you can call them and ask if they can reopen this application if you send ur husband’s employment letter and payslips via web form..

Last edited:

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
I am not an expert in this.. But I think it’s looked as two different applications.. His application as PGWP and urs as BOWP..
you can call them and ask if they can reopen this application if you send ur husband’s employment letter and payslips via web form..
Mine was a SOWP but thank you

Reactions: chpraveen52

6onHz

Feb 24, 2021
Hi, I think I missed this msg. I didn't pay the restoration fee. The restoration fee was not added for me when I chose the expired date. I'm not sure why the additional fee was added in your case. My PGWP expired last September and so I was not able to apply for restoration (over 90 days period). I just attached the letter that explained my situation and that I was applying for the work permit under new public policy! Feel free to ask me any questions if you have more.
Congrats!!

Thanks for answering! Hmm.. I think I need to pay the fee.