+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Guys Now im just losing my mind.. im freaking out.. I’ll probably reach out to Ircc tomorrow morning not sure what their response will be
I applied the 1st July. Still not news (Not even the automatic letter). My PGWP expires October 30th.Kind of running out of time to know if I have to change status or leave my job and Canada haha

I contacted IRCC via web form a month after my application and they answer me a month later saying that they will not answer because is not important.
The delay of work permits inside Canada is now taking 85 days. My 85 will be this weekend, and on Monday (if they did not update those 85 to 90 days delay) I will be calling.

If you call and they say something let us know!

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I applied the 1st July. Still not news (Not even the automatic letter). My PGWP expires October 30th.Kind of running out of time to know if I have to change status or leave my job and Canada haha

I contacted IRCC via web form a month after my application and they answer me a month later saying that they will not answer because is not important.
The delay of work permits inside Canada is now taking 85 days. My 85 will be this weekend, and on Monday (if they did not update those 85 to 90 days delay) I will be calling.

If you call and they say something let us know!
why will you leave? you can be on implied status right?

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
why will you leave? you can be on implied status right?
Yes, you are right. We are under implied status until the decision is made.
But if the decision is denied.. I will be out of my permit time and will have to change status (to visitor, or to a work permit with my employer) being kind without any visa or permit in that moment. And I would not like that at all. My head goes always with the worst situation..

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Yes, you are right. We are under implied status until the decision is made.
But if the decision is denied.. I will be out of my permit time and will have to change status (to visitor, or to a work permit with my employer) being kind without any visa or permit in that moment. And I would not like that at all. My head goes always with the worst situation..
Omg im panicking now. Did you apply for PR? you can be on implied status from that too?

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Omg im panicking now. Did you apply for PR? you can be on implied status from that too?
I did apply for the PR exactly 1 year ago, and the only thing I got is the letter with the temporary case number. So they did not even open my file haha
If visa/work permit expires, we can apply to the change of status to "visitor". They will take probably 3 month in taking the decision. Then you can extend that several times until you get the PR. The problem is that you cannot work during this time, or get out of Canada.

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I did apply for the PR exactly 1 year ago, and the only thing I got is the letter with the temporary case number. So they did not even open my file haha
If visa/work permit expires, we can apply to the change of status to "visitor". They will take probably 3 month in taking the decision. Then you can extend that several times until you get the PR. The problem is that you cannot work during this time, or get out of Canada.
Imma cry :(

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Don't cry. The 86 days delay are coming soon and they will get looots of call from us.
I did message them via Twitter to see what is going on. Telling them that we do not want to be orphans of visa, jobless and illegal immigrants haha
I'll update if they answer.

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Don't cry. The 86 days delay are coming soon and they will get looots of call from us.
I did message them via Twitter to see what is going on. Telling them that we do not want to be orphans of visa, jobless and illegal immigrants haha
I'll update if they answer.
i have applied in July as well and I am applying for Spousal PR. I do not know why this is happening> I will check with my lawyers!

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
If lawyering up will help us let us now!
(BTW,I did not apply spousal PR because I wanted to get the papers on my own... Now I want to marry him and get the papers as fast as possible)

• Haha
Reactions: JayaK0909

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
If lawyering up will help us let us now!
(BTW,I did not apply spousal PR because I wanted to get the papers on my own... Now I want to marry him and get the papers as fast as possible)
hey can I inbox you my email so we can update each other out?

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hello all,

I enter to the IRCC account today (It's been days that I tried and after putting my password it resets me to the chose "English or French" start website) and..
I HAD A LITTLE UPDATE!
Under the review of eligibility it now says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I did not received any email from them, and I am not sure if they actually send an email when that changes, but well.. something is something!

For reference, I applied the 1st of July, so I have been waiting for 84 days for any type of update . Processing time is now 86 days, so I was about to call to IRCC to complain.

SAKTHIVEL1995

Star Member
Aug 18, 2021
Hello all,

I enter to the IRCC account today (It's been days that I tried and after putting my password it resets me to the chose "English or French" start website) and..
I HAD A LITTLE UPDATE!
Under the review of eligibility it now says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I did not received any email from them, and I am not sure if they actually send an email when that changes, but well.. something is something!

For reference, I applied the 1st of July, so I have been waiting for 84 days for any type of update . Processing time is now 86 days, so I was about to call to IRCC to complain.
Thanks for the update, you should get it approved by end of today or tomm. Please update us once you get the approval!