+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit - Stay Validity + Insurance Query

pspa

Sep 17, 2011
Hi Experts,

Kindly requesting you to help me with my query.

My husband landed in Canada (Nova Scotia, Halifax) on a Work Permit(LMO based) from India on August 29, 2011. So, he can stay till August 28th 2012(1 year stay). He got his health card from Nova Scotia health insurance.

Myself (have Open work permit ) and my 6 yr old son (having study permit) will land in Canada on Oct 9th (1 month and 1 week later than my husband's landing).

Query 1: When I land, what will be the stay period stamped ? Oct 8th 2012(1 year from the date of landing) or same as my husband's(Aug 28th) ?

Query 2: Nova Scotia Insurance will not provide health card if the stay period stamped is less than 1 year.

What to do now ? Please help.

Regards,
Parth

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pspa said:
Hi Experts,

Kindly requesting you to help me with my query.

My husband landed in Canada (Nova Scotia, Halifax) on a Work Permit(LMO based) from India on August 29, 2011. So, he can stay till August 28th 2012(1 year stay). He got his health card from Nova Scotia health insurance.

Myself (have Open work permit ) and my 6 yr old son (having study permit) will land in Canada on Oct 9th (1 month and 1 week later than my husband's landing).

Query 1: When I land, what will be the stay period stamped ? Oct 8th 2012(1 year from the date of landing) or same as my husband's(Aug 28th) ?

Query 2: Nova Scotia Insurance will not provide health card if the stay period stamped is less than 1 year.

What to do now ? Please help.

Regards,
Parth
1. Same as your spouses, Aug 28th.
2. You will have to buy visitor insurance, unless your spouse can add you to his.

udaiud

Sep 19, 2011
hi ,

my name is udai, can you please confirm me about the documentation for applying for work permit of your husband.One thing more, I have heard that the spouse of the main applicant can not apply for open work permit from abroad. He or she needs to apply for tourist visa first and then after reacing canda thy can apply for open work permit. So you got tourist visa or direct open work permit with your husband. can you please confirm whom you consulted for this.

Waiting for your quick reply