not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi

My brother is an Australian citizen and currently in Melbourne and I live in Mississauga ON

I wanted to ask the senior members that my brother would like to come and work here in Toronto on an open work permit, he is a Massage Therapist. If he gets an open work permit, can his Canadian work experience be counted towards permanent residency if he plans to apply for immigration to Canada, and also can an IEC (international experience class) be counted as Canadian experience and be applicable for Canadian immigration

Thanks in advance
Muhammad Soofian

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

My brother is an Australian citizen and currently in Melbourne and I live in Mississauga ON

I wanted to ask the senior members that my brother would like to come and work here in Toronto on an open work permit, he is a Massage Therapist. If he gets an open work permit, can his Canadian work experience be counted towards permanent residency if he plans to apply for immigration to Canada, and also can an IEC (international experience class) be counted as Canadian experience and be applicable for Canadian immigration

Thanks in advance
Muhammad Soofian
He can't just get an open work permit. If he qualifies for IEC, he can apply. The work experience would count.

Note that massage therapy is generally quite regulated in Canada, so he will likely have to go through accreditation and possibly testing that could take quite some time.

drsoofi

Sep 27, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st september 2010
Doc's Request.
all documents sent except pcc and med cert
Nomination.....
---
AOR Received.
4th january 2011
IELTS Request
IELTS sent accdg to 26 june 2010 policy
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
He can't just get an open work permit. If he qualifies for IEC, he can apply. The work experience would count.

Note that massage therapy is generally quite regulated in Canada, so he will likely have to go through accreditation and possibly testing that could take quite some time.
thanks for ur reply , so on IEC he can also find other type of work too , yes he will be processing his accreditation too before coming here and sit the exam here as he wants to apply for immigration to Canada too. He wants to come here and see if moving to Canada is a good option or not

Thanks again