+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit received

rayearth

Nov 29, 2009
h! i just got my opw and i also received a letter saying that if applicable, all of my family member, both in canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. and i cannot become a permanent resident until me and my family members have passed the medicals and background checks

should i ask them to get medical and background check even if i dont have plan to get them right now bcoz i heard its will take a while and it coz money to do that pls give me some advice have 3 sister, 2 brother and my mom they all in the philippines

tnx!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayearth said:
h! i just got my opw and i also received a letter saying that if applicable, all of my family member, both in canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. and i cannot become a permanent resident until me and my family members have passed the medicals and background checks

should i ask them to get medical and background check even if i dont have plan to get them right now bcoz i heard its will take a while and it coz money to do that pls give me some advice have 3 sister, 2 brother and my mom they all in the philippines

tnx!

Your family members for immigration canada purposes (medicals and background checks) are not your brothers, sisters, parents. They mean your wife and children if you have any.