+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit out of status

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Would someone be able to submit an open work permit with their sponsorship application if their status has expired in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
frostywoman said:
Would someone be able to submit an open work permit with their sponsorship application if their status has expired in Canada?
Yes - but you won't benefit from the OWP pilot which grants you a work permit within four months of submitting the application. You won't qualify for a work permit until you have approval in principle.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
frostywoman said:
How far out of status are you? Up to 90 days you can apply to restore your status in the OWP package.

MELISA16

Sep 8, 2020
Is anyone have same kind of issue, spousal sponsorship inland but my husband out of status for long time now.
I submitted applications for inland spousal on April 2020. we received a letter from CIC stating that my husband meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence. but it also mentioned that a final decision will not be made until all requirements have been met.

other part of the letter mentioned although out of status spouses may now apply for permanent residence under spouse in canada class.
this is the part I'm kind of worried about?
Person without legal immigration status in canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

It also mentioned, on the letter you may now apply for an open work permit which allow you to work, and you may also apply for a study permit.

another questions is? how can my husband apply for open work permit if he is out of status and PR is not approved yet?

Please advise anyone having same issues. Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is anyone have same kind of issue, spousal sponsorship inland but my husband out of status for long time now.
I submitted applications for inland spousal on April 2020. we received a letter from CIC stating that my husband meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence. but it also mentioned that a final decision will not be made until all requirements have been met.

other part of the letter mentioned although out of status spouses may now apply for permanent residence under spouse in canada class.
this is the part I'm kind of worried about?
Person without legal immigration status in canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

It also mentioned, on the letter you may now apply for an open work permit which allow you to work, and you may also apply for a study permit.

another questions is? how can my husband apply for open work permit if he is out of status and PR is not approved yet?

Please advise anyone having same issues. Thank you
He cannot get OWP until AIP for inland spousal sponsorship if he is out of status.
Usually that means at the very end of the process. (He will be very close to receive his PR by then. My husbands got his OWP a month before landing interview and that was before they had the pilot for earlier OWP.)

MELISA16

Sep 8, 2020
He cannot get OWP until AIP for inland spousal sponsorship if he is out of status.
Usually that means at the very end of the process. (He will be very close to receive his PR by then. My husbands got his OWP a month before landing interview and that was before they had the pilot for earlier OWP.)
We received the AIP letter. and It was stated that my husband meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse sponsorship.

also stated, you may now apply for an open work permit, and as well as study permit. I'm just quit not sure if somebody have one liked this.

thanks

Reactions: YVR123