+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit on Visit Visa Advise and Spouse TRV

wahzali

Mar 3, 2014
Hi,

I am Indian national married to Pakistani and currently based in Dubai.

I have the Canadian Tourist Visa and is valid until 2016. My wife wants to pursue her further studies in Leadership and she has got the confirmation letter from the university about her acceptance as a full time student. I would like to travel with her along with my kids so do I need to apply again for fresh visa or I can go with her on tourist visa and later apply for Open Work Permit within Canada.

I need some advise here... thanks

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
wahzali said:
Hi,

I am Indian national married to Pakistani and currently based in Dubai.

I have the Canadian Tourist Visa and is valid until 2016. My wife wants to pursue her further studies in Leadership and she has got the confirmation letter from the university about her acceptance as a full time student. I would like to travel with her along with my kids so do I need to apply again for fresh visa or I can go with her on tourist visa and later apply for Open Work Permit within Canada.

I need some advise here... thanks
why u need to apply for visa again, if ur visa is valid then u can travel with her, have u travelled on visa before, if yes then make sure u have multiple entry visa if u dont have multiple entry visa in that case u have to apply again, if u havent travelled yet then u can go, and yes u can apply for OWP within canada no problem with that,,

wahzali

Mar 3, 2014
Thank you for the reply!

I have got the multiple entry ‘Tourist Visa’ and I have already visited my friends in Canada last month. If I apply OWP online, what is the processing time within Canada? From your experience what do you recommend, should I apply OWP in Dubai or should I apply in Canada?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
wahzali said:
Thank you for the reply!

I have got the multiple entry ‘Tourist Visa' and I have already visited my friends in Canada last month. If I apply OWP online, what is the processing time within Canada? From your experience what do you recommend, should I apply OWP in Dubai or should I apply in Canada?
Well I have seen many students applying for OWP within canada I think it's good to apply within Canada, but I don't have any personal experience btw what uni ur wife going she can ask the uni about it,,