+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - Linking your application to GCkey account

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Today I have successfully linked my paper submitted OWP (Open Work Permit - under PR for spouse in Canada Class) application to GCkey account. Since I couldn't find the information about linking process on this forum I decided to post of my successful experience.
Please review the steps I took:

However, in the section "Which situation applies to the application" you might want to try one of two options:

I hope it helps. :rolleyes:

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Today I have successfully linked my paper submitted OWP (Open Work Permit - under PR for spouse in Canada Class) application to GCkey account. Since I couldn't find the information about linking process on this forum I decided to post of my successful experience.

However, in the section "Which situation applies to the application" you might want to try one of two options:

Please how did you link your PR? Can you please show some detailed example. Am having trouble linking my application to my account

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017

I am having issues linking my OWP. I am a PR in canada and I have sponsored my spouse (Inland). Which option from the drop down menu should my spouse select under " Current situation/status of applicant' ??

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020

Hi @ZhabaHulk !

The images of your post it's not available anymore, do you remember how to link owp?
Thanks
André

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
This is an old thread. Since the member has not been active since Aug 21, I am going to open up a new thread related to this topic.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
This is an old thread. Since the member has not been active since Aug 21, I am going to open up a new thread related to this topic.
Hi @barsarah !

Yeah I checked the member last activity, but I was hoping to revive this thread since it's the only one I found with images, specific to link OWP.
It would be great if you open a new one. I've been trying so many combinations but I'm not successful on it.

Thanks for quick reply
André

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
when trying to link ...it asks for family name..do i use my partner's last name (he is canadian) or my last name? thank you so much for your time

vdesai

Nov 9, 2018

Image is not visible.can you repost plz

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
when trying to link ...it asks for family name..do i use my partner's last name (he is canadian) or my last name? thank you so much for your time
Hi @cindyestteacher !

You have to use principal applicant's information, so you have to write your family name exactly like in your passport.

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
It can be useful for those who have more than one passport, especially for those who have got a new one just before apply.

After repeated and unsuccessful tries I finally linked my OWP app last week!

I had a previous passport that was valid until Aug. 2019 but I got a new one valid for ten years just before apply for PR and OWP. I've sent both passports with the app because we need to have a valid passport, and the old one have all my visas and travel history, (I still have CAN and USA valid visas on the old passport).

I was trying to use the new passport to link my OWP app, and for me it was obvious, because it's the valid one.

I heard IRCC issues an Electronic Travel Authorization with the OWP, but I still have a valid visa and now actually, I'm from a visa exempt country.

So I got the idea to use the old passport info, and voilà! App linked.

OWP status says "in progress" but at least I can be more anxious also checking OWP status. LOL

Dexter1990

Aug 7, 2018

Cant see the image

Rsp1990

Aug 24, 2019
It can be useful for those who have more than one passport, especially for those who have got a new one just before apply.

After repeated and unsuccessful tries I finally linked my OWP app last week!

I had a previous passport that was valid until Aug. 2019 but I got a new one valid for ten years just before apply for PR and OWP. I've sent both passports with the app because we need to have a valid passport, and the old one have all my visas and travel history, (I still have CAN and USA valid visas on the old passport).

I was trying to use the new passport to link my OWP app, and for me it was obvious, because it's the valid one.

I heard IRCC issues an Electronic Travel Authorization with the OWP, but I still have a valid visa and now actually, I'm from a visa exempt country.

So I got the idea to use the old passport info, and voilà! App linked.

OWP status says "in progress" but at least I can be more anxious also checking OWP status. LOL
Can you tell me the steps you did when you link your OWP online? I'm still unable to link mine using the my old passport details. :(

Thanks