+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit - job offer foreign embassy in Canada

gmarquezc

Jul 12, 2022
Hi!

I just graduated from a Canadian university and applied for the Post Graduate Work Permit. I got a job offer from a foreign embassy in Ottawa; this is a purely administrative job not diplomatic. For this job, I need to have a work permit, pay taxes and be registered as Canadian law demands. Will this position counts for the express entry program? I know that some pages say that it does not count, but I think that is the case for people that reside outside and get this job offer. In my case, I will be a locally-engaged employee as I was already residing here. Could someone please tell me if this experience counts towards the 12 months full-time requirement?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!

I just graduated from a Canadian university and applied for the Post Graduate Work Permit. I got a job offer from a foreign embassy in Ottawa; this is a purely administrative job not diplomatic. For this job, I need to have a work permit, pay taxes and be registered as Canadian law demands. Will this position counts for the express entry program? I know that some pages say that it does not count, but I think that is the case for people that reside outside and get this job offer. In my case, I will be a locally-engaged employee as I was already residing here. Could someone please tell me if this experience counts towards the 12 months full-time requirement?
Please don’t post the same question multiple times. Wait for a response.