+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit (IMM5710) - Spousal Application from Within Canada

jdogg05

Dec 11, 2018
Hi,

We are applying for the Open Work Permit with my wife's spousal PR application. She has been living in Canada for over a year, currently under a Study/Work permit. Her status expires at the end of March. We are submitting the IMM5710 form for the Open Work Permit. Question 3 on the form gives the following options:

1. Apply for a work permit with the same employer
2. Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
3. Restore my status as a worker
4. Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

She is not currently working. None of these options seem relevant to an "open" work permit. Which one should we be selecting?

Thanks for your help!

J

athuk236

Jan 6, 2017
Hello,

We are applying for the Open Work Permit with my wife's spousal PR application. She has been living in Canada for over a year, currently under an open Work permit. Her status expires at the end of March. We are submitting the IMM5710 form for the Open Work Permit. Question 3 on the form gives the following options:

She is currently working. Which one should we be selecting?

Nov 1, 2017
Hello,

We are applying for the Open Work Permit with my wife's spousal PR application. She has been living in Canada for over a year, currently under an open Work permit. Her status expires at the end of March. We are submitting the IMM5710 form for the Open Work Permit. Question 3 on the form gives the following options:

She is currently working. Which one should we be selecting?

Hi, I am also in the same situation. What is the processing time for the application?