Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
Si I am been sponsored through the family/common law sponsorship route,currently on an international experience Canada visa which had also an open work permit to it which expires in June 2016.as im applying inland i want to extend my worker status,have a good permanent job etc.
My question guys on the very first question it asks;

"I am applying for one or more of the following:"
- A work permit with the same employer
- An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
- Restoration of status as worker
- temporary resident permit.

Can anyone who has been through shed light which is the best option for me?
Thanks!!!

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
Hi, when I apply in 2014 under family sponsorship and I applied for an open work permit. For my case took long but I got it on 2 years. Now I'm permanent resident so I don't need it anymore.

I got status of temporary resident when we passed first stage. I'm not sure if you can work with that status. I don't know that. I know when you get first stage you can apply for medical card.

Good luck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Faolchu said:
Si I am been sponsored through the family/common law sponsorship route,currently on an international experience Canada visa which had also an open work permit to it which expires in June 2016.as im applying inland i want to extend my worker status,have a good permanent job etc.
Do you know that an outland app through London will take significantly less time than an inland app? There are London applicants from August who are already approved.

If you decide to continue with the inland app, select "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer".

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
I know that Outland applications take les time. On the cic website it's saying 28 months for uk. I'm sure here you can ask someone from uk to share experience

My lawyer did a work permit application so I don't know under what did he apply. Took me 20 mounts from inside of Canada to get permanent resident status and took me year to get work permit ( I don't know way took so long for work permit, usually people get for 4 months) but every case is different I guess

And if you apply form outside then it's not so easy to get work permit.
I'm