+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse

HHB7

Apr 22, 2024
Hi : I’m an Iranian and hold open work permit and currently in Canada . My spouse is in Iran . Wondering if he can come over based on me of having open work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi : I’m an Iranian and hold open work permit and currently in Canada . My spouse is in Iran . Wondering if he can come over based on me of having open work permit?
How didi you get your work permit…through special measure for Iranians? If so, you can try but the special measures were for people in Canada. It was not meant to bring and reunite family members from Iran after you arrived. Spouse should have come to Canada with you and applied for own permit. Other people on this forum have been refused. So show job letter, pay stubs and funds when he applies. Good luck.

HHB7

Apr 22, 2024
How didi you get your work permit…through special measure for Iranians? If so, you can try but the special measures were for people in Canada. It was not meant to bring and reunite family members from Iran after you arrived. Spouse should have come to Canada with you and applied for own permit. Other people on this forum have been refused. So show job letter, pay stubs and funds when he applies. Good luck.

HHB7

Apr 22, 2024

thank you . Yes I used the special measure while in Canada .

basically what you are saying after I am settled and work, I should try to send an invite and get him over as a visitor correct ? Then when he is in and the special measure for Iranian exists , he can apply for open work permit himself .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you . Yes I used the special measure while in Canada .

basically what you are saying after I am settled and work, I should try to send an invite and get him over as a visitor correct ? Then when he is in and the special measure for Iranian exists , he can apply for open work permit himself .
He should first apply for TRV and see if approved. He will have to show funds, ties to return, travel history. Given you are in Canada then he has few ties to return which makes refusal higher. Then once in Canada, he applies for work permit. You inviting him will not help because it will show that he has no plans to leave.

HHB7

Apr 22, 2024
He should first apply for TRV and see if approved. He will have to show funds, ties to return, travel history. Given you are in Canada then he has few ties to return which makes refusal higher. Then once in Canada, he applies for work permit. You inviting him will not help because it will show that he has no plans to leave.
Thank you for your help