+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit for spouse

Yuusuf

Jul 19, 2018
13 oct 2017 my family sponsorship application was received by cic, medical is done in dec 6 2017 and PCC and schedule A is done on 29 dec 2017. 9 months its been no communication on online account no updation of status? first question.. what to do about it wts wrng

2nd questions is. open work permit i live in india my wife in canada as a PR. i want to apply for open work permit how and jow much time will it tkae

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
1. Average processing times for most applications is 12 months. You are still within that 12 month period.
2. You are an outland applicant and therefore are not eligible for an open work permit.

Reactions: Yuusuf

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Its not uncommon not to hear from IRCC for months after medical.......spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait.

You are currently living in India and outside Canada and can’t apply for Inland Sponsorship with Open Work Permit while you live in India.
To apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with Open work Permit….both the Sponsor and the Principal Applicant must be living inside Canada.

Reactions: Yuusuf

Yuusuf

Jul 19, 2018
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Its not uncommon not to hear from IRCC for months after medical.......spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait.

You are currently living in India and outside Canada and can’t apply for Inland Sponsorship with Open Work Permit while you live in India.
To apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with Open work Permit….both the Sponsor and the Principal Applicant must be living inside Canada.
wow nicely explained thank you.
1- visit visa process time

2- once i reach to my spouse on visit visa will i be able to apply for open work that time?

Yuusuf

Jul 19, 2018
You are not eligible to apply for Open Work Permit with a visitor visa in Canada.

When you finally land as a PR.....then you can work.

For Visitor Visa process time.......refer......Check application processing times
its very tortures for us living apart for more than a year. its already been 9 months hoping something will happen cz my medical exam on 7 dec has been passed pcc schedule A everything is done. since 4 months its showing we need additional docidocum to process your application we will send you an email for same. but still no email jo communication ? what do u say about it

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
its very tortures for us living apart for more than a year. its already been 9 months hoping something will happen cz my medical exam on 7 dec has been passed pcc schedule A everything is done. since 4 months its showing we need additional docidocum to process your application we will send you an email for same. but still no email jo communication ? what do u say about it
Is there an option for you to apply for a visitors visa and spend some time here in Canada while you continue to wait for your PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there an option for you to apply for a visitors visa and spend some time here in Canada while you continue to wait for your PR?
Most likely it will be refused. If you married someone knowing they had PR the Canada you should have been aware of the sponsorship time.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game......you need patience......relax.